I am researching Blevins in Harlan Co., KY. This is a huge mess. Here are the pieces I have collected... they must all fit together some how. Help Help Help Does anyone know anything about this?
1) 1850 Harlan Co KY census
In the home of Moses Eldridge is a Margaret Mitchell and Wesley Mitchell. Iâ€™ve heard that Margaret is Wesleyâ€™s mother. [Iâ€™ve also heard that Wesley goes on to marry a woman with Sergent connections. I believe she is a Green (doing this from memory)] Next door is a Mitchell family. Also in the Moses Eldridge home is a Peggy Lewis and an Emaline Blevins. Emaline can also be found in the home with James Blevins, and his brothers.
2) 1860 Harlan Co KY
James Blevins, Emaline Blevins, sons James, William, Washington, Luke and Margaret Mitchell. Jamesâ€™ mother is Susan Blevins, his father James T. Blevins. Next door is a Sergent familyâ€“Martin Sergent, his wife and infant son.
3) 1870 Harlan Co KY
Emaline Blevins, Margaret (now a Blevins) and children, James, William, Geo Washington, and John Ransom
4) I have found birth records for Washington born to parents James Blevins and Emaline Blevins. AND birth record for Luke born to parents James Blevins and ? Mitchell. Both children right age to be the Washington and Luke in the households mentioned above.
5) Civil War Pension application for a William Blevins states aka William Mitchell. (I think the name on the application was William W. Blevins) I donâ€™t think this is the same William/son of James mentioned above because he would be too young to have been in the war.
6) My grandmothers notes say there are Sergents in the family and there is family lore that Luke/son of William was taken in by a Sergent family for awhile.
7) the William/son of James is the right age to be my gg grandfather William H. Blevins who first married Elizabeth Whitehead and second married Lucinda Morgan. William had three children that I know of: Luke, George Washington and Susie.
8) Elizabeth Whitehead had a Â½ sister named Margaret Whitehead who married one of â€˜myâ€™ Williamâ€™s brothers.
9) found birth records for children with parents ? Blevins and Margaret Whitehead. Also found birth records for children with parents George Mitchell and Margaret Whitehead.
10) 1870 Harlan Co Census. Wesley Mitchell, wife Elizabeth with several children including George age 8. Probably the right age to be the George Mitchell who married Margaret Whitehead. On one side is a Lewis household on the other side is a Green household.
11) William H. Blevins may have had another daughter besides Susie. Her name, Dahlia (Dolly) Blevins who married Wilson Morgan.
12) Wilson Morgan is the brother of Lucinda Morgan, William H. Blevins' 2nd wife.
13) Dahlia's mother may have been Margaret Whitehead.
14) George Washington/son of William married Martha Warner.
Please Please someone help! Surely, there is someone descended from one of the son's of James and Emaline/Margaret Blevins researching this line too.