I am currently researching an ancestor by the name of Robert Boatman. He was said to be born before 1755 in VA and died in 1833 in Sullivan Co., Indiana. He was said to be the son of Henry and Margaret “Sarah” Boatman.
From VA, he migrated to Pennsylvania with his parents where he settled on land that became Washington and Allegheny Counties, PA. After Sep 1789, he migrated down the Ohio River and settled in Kentucky.
He was married to his first wife Ann (between 1774 and 1805). This brings me to my specific request. I am looking for documentation that names his children, in particular, Henry Boatman, (born in 1775). I have a family history that names the children as:
1. Henry Boatman (b: 1775, d: aft 1820, m Milly Allegree 14 October 1796 KY)
2. Simon Boatman (b: ca 1775, d: 1814)
3. John Boatman (b: ca 1776, d: 1842, m/1 Elizabeth Hunter 1800, m/2 Mrs. Catherine Patton 1835)
4. Robert Boatman (b: ca 1778, d: bf 1840, m Nancy Willis 5 Jan 1802)
5. James C. Boatman ( b: ca 1784, m Amy Carver 1806)
6. William C. Boatman (b: 1788, m Elizabeth Willis 1808)
7. Jesse Boatman (b: ca 1789, d: bf 1840, m Sarah Hunter 1806)
I need an additional source that confirms that Henry was Robert’s son.