Search for content in message boards

Walter Bogan, et al, Castlefinn, Ireland

Replies: 0

Walter Bogan, et al, Castlefinn, Ireland

Posted: 8 Aug 2002 11:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jul 2003 5:07PM GMT
Surnames: Bogan, Boggan, Smith
Many people have mention Walter Bog(g)an, sometimes with brother Patrick, sometimes linking him to Benjamin Bogan, sometimes with John or William or a sister, et al. Sometimes Walter is listed as Sir Walter Bogan. I have been unable to find him in any contemporary, (17th or 18th century) document.

I am descended from Andrew Bogan, who died about 1820 in Rockbridge Co, VA (born c 1750, place unknown), through his daughter Lucinda Bogan (born 1800, married Jesse B Smith, 1825 and died in Pike Co, IL, 1866).

I am seeking any primary evidence in the form of a document which mentions Walter Bogan, who by several people is claimed to be the progenitor, or brother to many Colonial American Bogans.

Can anyone give a cite to a document (either Irish or American) giving Walter or any of his siblings which would establish their relationship to an Colonial American Bogan family?

I have worked on collecting Bogan family records since 1955, and toward that goal I have found much "Bogan documentation", BUT I have been UNSUCCESSFUL in my search to link my Andrew Bogan to the Patrick who moved from PA to VA to NC between 1740 and 1756; or to the Benjamin who served in the American Revolution from Frederick Co, VA; or to Captain Patrick Bog(g)an of Anson Co, NC; or to John or William Bogan of Colonial SC.

Can anyone provide any documentation toward connecting these people?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions