Search for content in message boards

Bohan's Of The World Unite

Replies: 5

Bohan's Of The World Unite

Posted: 26 Jul 2010 10:57AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Bohan
I am researching the name Bohan not just the roots but the origins of the name. I am seeking anyone who may have clues as to the origin of the name. I do now that it is in the Bible, Bohan being the son of Reuben. That Bohan comes to Ireland from the DeBohun family of St. Georges de Bohon and Humphrey de Bohun of the Battle of Hastings fame. That the Bohan's of the world are related directly to both Queen Elizabeth II and Barack Obama. As part of this project and as a present to all Bohans, there is a star in the Southern hemisphere now named Bohan.Perhaps you are from a place called Bohan, how did that place get its name. If you are from China where Bohan is a popular name what does Bohan mean in China. If you are a Bohan in the Balkans how did your surname arrived there and does it mean anything? How did Bohan Island in the Phillipines gets its name? After whom is Bohan village in India named? Personally I am a Bohan born in Dublin, my fathers family is from Drumshambo South in Leitrim with the bulk of the generations coming from Tooman. Is you are related to James Bohan and Anne Dignan circa 1800 then please get in touch as I have a bridge to gap to Elena Bohan in the 1500's. I intend to place all records in a book for all Bohan's to pass onto future generations and even perhaps a clan gathering in the not too distant future. My e-mail address is rebelradio@dublin.ie and I will return a questionaire if you would like to know more. Eddie Bohan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bohan33 26 Jul 2010 4:57PM GMT 
bredabohan21 28 Dec 2010 7:47PM GMT 
Bohan33 4 Jan 2011 9:04PM GMT 
vinny1512 5 Jan 2011 6:03PM GMT 
Bohan33 6 Jan 2011 12:38PM GMT 
vinny1512 6 Jan 2011 2:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions