Search for content in message boards

John Thomas Bonner; Carroll County, Georgia

Replies: 8

Re: John Thomas Bonner; Carroll County, Georgia

Donnie Shackleford (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2003 3:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Nov 2003 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Bonner, Gillespie, Baughman, Jones, Bates, Thompson, Adcock, Entreken, McCalman, Hoyt, Strickland, Henry, Cagle, Long, Colton
The 4th child of John Thomas Bonner and his 1st wife, Martha Gillespie was:

Martha Jane Bonner, born in Franklin County, Georgia on February 24, 1844 and died October 1883 in Carroll County, Georgia. She is buried at the Old Camp United Medoist Church Cemetery, Carroll County, Georgia:

The 5th child of John Thomas Bonner and his 1st wife, Martha Gillespie was: William Stegall Bonner

Descendants of William Stegall Bonner

Generation No. 1

1. William Stegall7 Bonner (John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)1 was born February 20, 1846 in Carroll County, Georgia, and died May 07, 1923 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia. He married (1) Martha "Mattie" A. Baughman2 December 31, 1868 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia, daughter of Nasa Jones and Mary Bates. She was born March 25, 1840 in Coweta County, Georgia, and died May 24, 1878 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia. He married (2) Missouri Caroline Jones3 August 29, 1878 in Carroll County, Georgia, daughter of Nasa Jones and Mary Bates. She was born October 31, 1847 in Cowetta County, Georgia, and died January 16, 1924 in Draketown, Haralson County, Georgia.

1870 Federal Census, Carroll County, Georgia
Township of Carrollton, page 146A

William Stegall Bonner and his family are listed in the 1870 Federal Census for Carroll County, Georgia. William is listed as age 24, born in Georgia, occupation farmer. His wife is listed as "Martha A' age 28, also born in Georgia. One child listed in household, Georgia A. less than 1 year of age born in Georgia.

1880 Federal Census, Carroll County, Georgia
District 714, Carrollton, page 160B

William Stegall Bonner and his family are listed in the 1880 Federal Census for Carroll County, Georgia and are living in the Township of Carrollton. William is listed as 32 years of age, born in Georgia. His occupation is a farmer. The wife listed in the census is his second wife Missouri, she is listed as 32 years of age and was also born in Georgia. The children listed in the household are Georgia A. age 10; William L. age 7; John T.; age 6 and Robert A. age 5, all children of his first wife Martha. The other child is Saunders (Sanders), age 1. Sanders was a child of William and his wife Missouri. All of the children were born in Georgia.

1900 Federal Census, Carroll County, Georgia
Township of Carrollton, page 146

William Stegall Bonner and his family are listed in the 1900 Federal Census for Carroll County, Georgia and are living in the Township of Carrollton. William is listed as 53 years of age born February 1847 in Georgia. His wife Missouri is listed as "Zuri C" 52 years of age born October 1848 in Georgia. The children listed in the household are Sanders N. age 21 born March 1879; Berta B. age 19 born September 1881; Mollie E. age 18 born January 1882; Henry C. age 16 born January 1884; Cleovas (listed as Cleveland H) age 14 born June 1886; James C. age 12 born October 1887 and Luther M. age 10, born October 1889. All of the children were born in Georgia.

1910 Federal Census, Carroll County, Georgia
Township of Carrollton, page 81A

William Stegall Bonner and his family are listed in the 1910 Federal Census for Carroll County, Georgia and are living in the Township of Carrollton. William is listed as 65 years of age and was born in Georgia. His wife is listed as Missouri C. age 63 born in Georgia. There is one child still living at home, James C. age 21 born in Georgia.

LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF W.S. BONNER

Filed in office, this May 21, 1923; E.T. Steed,Ordinary

Georgia, Carroll County

I, W.S. Bonner, of said county, being of sound mind and disposing mind and memory, do make this my last will and testament, hereby revoking and annulling all others, by me heretofore made.

ITEM 1. I desire and direct my body be buried in a decent and Christianlike manner, suitable to my circumstances and condition in life.

ITEM 2. I desire and direct that all my just debts be paid without unnecessary delay, by my executor hereinafter named and appointed

ITEM 3. I give, bequeath and devise to my said wife, Missouri Caroline Bonner, all moneys, notes and accounts of which I may die possessed for and during her natural life, the income of which or so much thereof as is necessary shall be used for her support and to be used as she may desire, and she shall have full power to dispose of said income from said estate as she may deem proper.

ITEM 4. I give, and bequeath and devise to my said wife my pension, the same to be used for her own proper use and benefit.

ITEM 5. I hereby consitute and appoint my son, Robert Anderson Bonner, the sole executor of this my last will and testament, excusing him from making bond or making any returns to the Ordinarys Court of said County.

ITEM 6. I desire and direct that at the death of my said wife, Missouri Caroline Bonner, the executor shall distribute among my legal heirs an equal amount of said estate, taking into account the notes and accounts owing said estate by said heirs, so that each may share equally in said estate.

This November 16th, 1921 W.S.Bonner.

Signed, sealed and published by W.S. Bonner as his last will and testament, in the presence of us the undersigned, who subscribe our names hereto in the presence of said testator, after he had signed his name thereto, at his special instance and request, and in the presence of each other.

This November 16th, 1921

T.J.H.Robertson,; L.W.Stallings,; A.T.Cobb.

Codicil to W.S. Bonner's Will.
Georgia, Carroll County.

Whereas, I, W.S.Bonner, did on the 16th day of November 1921,sign, seal, declare and publish my last will and testament, in the presence of T.J.H.Robertson, L.W.Stallings, and A.T.Cobb, who signed said will and testament as witnesses.

And Whereas, I am desirous of adding an additional bequest and devise in said will, I, therefore, make and publish this codicil to said will and testament.

1. I hereby direct my executor, before distribution is made of my estate that the sum of Five Hundred Dollars, together with annual interest at the rate of eight per cent per annum from the first day of August, 1919 until said amount is paid, to be paid to my son, Robert Anderson Bonner. This Five Hundred dollars is in lieu of a like sum, which the said son, Robert Anderson Bonner, has paid me in the matter of furnishing me a home.

This October 28th, 1922
Recorded in Will Book C pg. 16-17

Children of William Bonner and Martha Baughman are:
2 i. Georgia A.8 Bonner4, born October 09, 1869 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia. She married (1) William Felix Huckeba April 14, 1887 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; born September 19, 1858 in Georgia; died July 18, 1915 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia. She married (2) John David Mcgouirk5 March 26, 1919 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; born September 22, 1868 in Carroll County, Georgia; died February 05, 1933 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia.
+ 3 ii. John Thomas Bonner, born October 17, 1871 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Bef. 1910 in Mt. Zion, Carroll County, Georgia.
+ 4 iii. William Lee Bonner, born February 05, 1872 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died March 1939 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.
5 iv. Robert Anderson Bonner6, born May 20, 1875 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died February 02, 1959 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia. He married Zebba Lipham7 December 30, 1923 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; born Abt. 1885 in Georgia; died November 16, 1946 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia.

1930 Federal Census, Carroll County, Georgia
District 14, Carrollton, page 9B

Robert Anderson Bonner and his wife are listed in the 1930 Federal Census for Carroll County, Georgia. Robert is listed as "Anderson" age 54 and was born in Georgia. His wife is listed as "Zebbie" age 43, also born in Georgia. There are not any children listed in the household.

6 v. Smithey Bonner8, born February 24, 1877 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died January 26, 1878 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia.

Children of William Bonner and Missouri Jones are:
+ 7 i. Sanders N.8 Bonner, born March 1879 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died 1924 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia.
+ 8 ii. Berta Bliss Bonner, born September 1881 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.
9 iii. Mollie E. Bonner9, born January 1882 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Aft. 1900 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia.
+ 10 iv. Henry Clay Bonner, born January 17, 1884 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in Alabama.
11 v. Cleovas Henry Bonner10, born June 1886 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?. He married Katie Jones11 August 06, 1908 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; born Aft. 1887 in Georgia; died Unknown in ?.
+ 12 vi. James Claude Bonner, born October 06, 1887 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died July 29, 1930 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina.
+ 13 vii. Luther Marion Bonner, born October 29, 1889 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died February 15, 1969 in Buchanan, Haralson County, Georgia.

Generation No. 2

3. John Thomas8 Bonner (William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)12 was born October 17, 1871 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia, and died Bef. 1910 in Mt. Zion, Carroll County, Georgia. He married Ada Lee Ola Adcock13 June 20, 1896 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia, daughter of George Adcock and Mary Entreken. She was born July 09, 1879 in Georgia, and died May 15, 1955 in Rogersville, Missouri.

Turkey Creek, page 212A

Ola A. Bonner, wife of John T. Bonner, is listed in the 1910 Federal Census for Carroll County, Georgia. Ola is listed as widowed, 36 years of age and was born in Georgia. There are three children listed in the household, Jewell age 11; Walter age 9 and Pearl age 7. All of the children were born in Georgia.

1920 Federal Census, Haralson County, Georgia
Township of Tallapossa, page 7B

Ola A. Bonner, wife of John T. Bonner, is listed in the 1920 Federal Census for Haralson County, Georgia. Ola is listed as widowed, 46 years of age and was born in Georgia. There is one child listed in the household, Jewell age 21 born in Georgia. The children listed in the 1910 census, Walter and Pearl, are not listed in the 1920 census. Soon after the 1920 census Ola Bonner moved to Arkansas where she remarried. Her second husband's first name is unknown, his surname was Thompson.

Children of John Bonner and Ada Adcock are:
+ 14 i. Jewell Mamie9 Bonner, born November 03, 1898 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Aft. 1935 in Neveda, Missouri.
+ 15 ii. Pearl Virginia Bonner, born August 20, 1902 in Virginia; died March 30, 1936 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas.
16 iii. Walter Bonner14, born Abt. 1900 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.

1920 Federal Census, New York
Governor's Island Fort, page 13B

Walter Bonner is listed in the 1920 Federal Census for Governor's Island Fort in New York City, New York. He is listed as 19 years of age and was born in Georgia. At the time of the 1920 Census Walter was serving in the US Army and was single.

1930 Federal Census, Jackson County, Missouri
City of Kansas City, page 3B

Walter Bonner is listed in the 1930 Federal Census for Jackson County, Missouri and is living in Kansas City. He is listed as age 29 and was born in Georgia. According to the census he was married but he was not living with his wife. He is listed as a "lodger" in a hotel, listed as a "salesman".

4. William Lee8 Bonner (William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)15 was born February 05, 1872 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia, and died March 1939 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. He married Effie Mae McCalman16 November 23, 1895 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia. She was born Abt. 1880 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia, and died May 28, 1959 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.

1910 Federal Census, Pickens County, Alabama
Precinct 14, Carrollton, page 169A

William Lee Bonner and his family are listed in the 1910 Federal Census for Pickens County, Alabama living in the Township of Carrollton in precinct 14. William is listed as 38 years of age and was born in Georgia. Effie is listed as 28 years of age, also born in Georgia. The children listed in the household are J. Clark (daughter) age 11; Lillion age 7; W. Hoyt age 5; Mary age 2 and Lee age less than 1. Edward Lee Bonner was born in Alabama, the other children were born in Georgia.

1920 Federal Census, Pickens County, Alabama
Township of Bostic, page 126A

William Lee Bonner and his family are listed in the 1920 Federal Census for Pickens County, Alabama living in the Township of Bostic. William is listed as 49 years of age and was born in Georgia. His wife is listed as Effie M. age 39. She was also born in Georgia. The census list the place of birth for William and Effie as Alabama, this is incorrect. The children listed in the household are Lillion age 17; Hoyt (William Hoyt) age 15; Mary age 12; Lee (Edward Lee) age 9; Georgia M. age 6; Stanley age 3 and Martha less than 1 year of age. According to the census all of the children were born in Alabama.

1930 Federal Census, Tuscaloosa County, Alabama
Township of Elrod, page 1A

William Lee Bonner and his family are listed in the 1930 Federal Census for Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. William is listed as 58 years of age and was born in Georgia. His wife is listed as Effie M. age 49, also born in Georgia. The children listed in the household are Edward L. age 20; Georgia M. age 17; Stanley L. age 14; Martha A. age 11 and Herman E. age 5. All of the children were born in Alabama.

Children of William Bonner and Effie McCalman are:
+ 17 i. J. Clark9 Bonner, born September 21, 1898 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.
18 ii. Lillion Bonner17, born July 10, 1902 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?. She married Johnny Deal Strickland18 Bef. 1930 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama; born Abt. 1902 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama; died Unknown in ?.

City of Tuscaloosa, page 4B

Lillion Bonner and her husband John Strickland are listed in the 1930 Federal Census for Tuscaloosa County, Alabama living in the City of Tuscaloosa. John Deal Strickland is listed as "John D" age 27 born in Alabama. Lillion is listed as "Lillian" age 28 born in Georgia. There are not any children listed in the household.

+ 19 iii. William Hoyt Bonner, Sr., born July 13, 1904 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died January 29, 1992 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.
+ 20 iv. Mary E. Bonner, born November 07, 1907 in Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.
21 v. Edward Lee Bonner19, born March 12, 1910 in Pickens County, Alabama; died January 1988 in Elrod, Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.

22 vi. Georgia M. Bonner20, born Abt. 1914 in Pickens County, Alabama; died Unknown in ?.
23 vii. Stanley L. Bonner21, born April 02, 1916 in Pickens County, Alabama; died April 1980 in Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia.
24 viii. Martha A. Bonner22, born February 22, 1919 in Pickens County, Alabama; died Unknown in ?.
25 ix. Herman E. Bonner23, born June 17, 1924 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama; died Unknown in ?.

7. Sanders N.8 Bonner (William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)24 was born March 1879 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia, and died 1924 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia. He married Evie M. Cagle25 July 22, 1900 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia. She was born Abt. 1884 in Carroll County, Georgia, and died Aft. 1930 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia.

1910 Federal Census, Choctaw County, Mississippi
French Camp, Beat 3, page 38B

Sanders N. Bonner and his family are listed in the 1910 Federal Census for Choctaw County, Mississippi. Sanders is listed as 30 years of age and was born in Georgia. His wife is listed as "Evie" age 26, also born in Georgia.The children listed in the household are Miller age 9; Annie age 7; Chester age 5; Lester age 3 and Reba age 1. Miller, Annie and Chester were born in Georgia, Lester and Reba were born in Mississippi.

1920 Federal Census, Carroll County, Georgia
Community of Bowden, page 6A

Sanders N. Bonner and his family are listed in the 1920 Federal Census for Carroll County, Georgia. Sanders is listed as 40 years of age and was born in Georgia. Evie is listed as 36 years of age, also born in Georgia. The children listed in the household are Miller age 18; Annie age 16; Chester age 15; Lester age 13; Reba age 11; Hershell age 6; Lucy age 4 and Helen age 2. This census list all of the children as being born in Georgia which is incorrect, Lester and Reba were born in Mississippi. Possibly Hershell, Lucy and Helen were born after they moved back to Georgia, Miller, Annie and Chester were born in Georgia before they moved to Mississippi.

Children of Sanders Bonner and Evie Cagle are:
+ 26 i. Miller C.9 Bonner, born July 18, 1901 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died March 1985 in Gadsden, Etowah County, Alabama.
27 ii. Annie Bonner26, born Abt. 1904 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.
28 iii. Chester Bonner27, born Abt. 1905 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.
29 iv. Lester Bonner28, born Abt. 1905 in Choctaw County, Mississippi; died Unknown in ?.
30 v. Reba Bonner29, born Abt. 1909 in Choctaw County, Mississippi; died Unknown in ?.
31 vi. Heshell Bonner30, born Abt. 1914 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.
32 vii. Lucy Bonner31, born Abt. 1916 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.
33 viii. Helen Bonner32, born Abt. 1918 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.

8. Berta Bliss8 Bonner (William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)33 was born September 1881 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia, and died Unknown in ?. She married Edward "Eddie" Green Henry34 February 04, 1901 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia. He was born Abt. 1882 in Georgia, and died Unknown in ?.

1930 Federal Census, Queens County, New York
City of New York, Queens District

Edward Henry and his family are listed in the 1930 Federal Census for Queens, New York. Edward is listed as 48 years of age and was born in Georgia. His wife is listed as "Berta" age 48, also born in Georgia. The children listed in the household are Hortense age 18 and Flora age 26, both born in Georgia. Flora is listed as "Flora Sullivan" and married. Her husband is not listed but she has a daughter, Katherine age 5, born in New York.

Children of Berta Bonner and Edward Henry are:
+ 34 i. Flora9 Henry, born Abt. 1904 in Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.
35 ii. Hortense Henry35, born Abt. 1912 in Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.

10. Henry Clay8 Bonner (William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)36 was born January 17, 1884 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia, and died Unknown in Alabama. He married Emily J. (unknown)37 Bef. 1906 in Carroll County, Georgia. She was born Abt. 1885 in Carroll County, Georgia, and died Unknown in Alabama.

Henry C. Bonner and his family are listed in the 1910 Federal Census for Carroll County, Georgia. Henry is listed as 26 years of age and was born in Georgia. His wife is listed as Emily age 24, also born in Georgia. There is one child in the household, Nora age 2, born in Georgia.

1920 Federal Census, Calhoun County, Alabama
Township of Anniston, page

Henry C. Bonner and his family are listed in the 1920 Federal Census for Calhoun County, Alabama and are living in the City of Anniston. Henry is listed as 35 years of age and was born in Georgia. Emily is listed as 34 years of age and also born in Georgia. The children listed in the household are Nora J. age 12; William C. age 8; Mollie G. age 6 and Jewell age 3. All of the children were born in Alabama.

Children of Henry Bonner and Emily (unknown) are:
36 i. Nora J.9 Bonner38, born Abt. 1908 in Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.
37 ii. William Clay Bonner39, born Abt. 1912 in Calhoun County, Alabama.
38 iii. Mollie G. Bonner40, born Abt. 1914 in Calhoun County, Alabama.
39 iv. Jewell Bonner41, born Abt. 1917 in Calhoun County, Alabama.

12. James Claude8 Bonner (William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)42 was born October 06, 1887 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia, and died July 29, 1930 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina. He married Lila Virginia Long43 July 26, 1923 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina. She was born February 02, 1894 in South Carolina, and died December 1984 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina.

1930 Federal Census, Richland County, South Carolina
Township of Park, page 16A

James Claude Bonner and his family are listed in the 1930 Federal Census for Richland County, South Carolina. James is listed as 41 years of age and was born in Georgia. Lila is listed as 32 years of age and was born in South Carolina. The children listed in the household are Virginia C. age 5; James W. age 3 and Mary E. age 2. All of the children were born in South Carolina.

Children of James Bonner and Lila Long are:
+ 40 i. Virginia Carolina9 Bonner, born August 11, 1924 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina; died February 13, 1992 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina.
+ 41 ii. James William Bonner, born July 30, 1926 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina; died December 10, 1996 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina.
+ 42 iii. Mary Elizabeth Bonner, born March 17, 1928 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina.

13. Luther Marion8 Bonner (William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)44 was born October 29, 1889 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia, and died February 15, 1969 in Buchanan, Haralson County, Georgia. He married Mary Talula North45 September 10, 1908 in Carroll County, Georgia. She was born Abt. 1891 in Carroll County, Georgia, and died Unknown in ?.

Luther Bonner is listed in the 1910 Federal Census for Carroll County, Georgia. He is listed as 20 years of age and was born in Georgia. His wife is listed as Tulula, age 19, also born in Georgia. There is one child in the household, Ruby Viola age less than one, also born in Georgia.

1920 Federal Census, Haralson County, Georgia
Township of Draketown, page 6B

Luther Bonner and his family are listed in the 1920 Federal Census for Haralson County, Georgia. Luther is listed as 30 years of age and was born in Georgia. His wife is listed as Tulula M. age 29, also born in Georgia. There are three children listed in the household, Ruby V. age 11; Nellie L. age 8 and Allie P. age 6. All of the children were born in Georgia.

1930 Federal Census, Haralson County, Georgia
Township of Draketown, page 10A

Luther Bonner and his family are listed in the 1930 Federal Census for Haralson County, Georgia. Luther is listed as 40 years of age and was born in Georgia. His wife is listed as Mary T, age 38, also born in Georgia. There is one child listed in the household, Pauline age 17, born in Georgia.

Children of Luther Bonner and Mary North are:
43 i. Ruby Viola9 Bonner46, born Abt. 1909 in Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.
44 ii. Nellie L. Bonner47, born Abt. 1912 in Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.
45 iii. Allie Pauline Bonner48, born Abt. 1914 in Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.

Generation No. 3

14. Jewell Mamie9 Bonner (John Thomas8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)49 was born November 03, 1898 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia, and died Aft. 1935 in Neveda, Missouri. She married Paul James Colton50 January 20, 1928 in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, son of James Colton and Cora Miller. He was born October 17, 1891 in Hickman Mills, Missouri, and died February 04, 1957 in Rogersville, Missouri.

1930 Federal Census, Jackson County, Missouri
Kansas City, page 9A

Paul James Colton is listed in the 1930 Federal Census for Jackson County, Missouri and living in Kansas City. He is listed as married, 38 years of age and was born in Missouri. His wife is not listed on the same page but is listed in the same household. Jewell is listed as 31 years of age and was born in Georgia.

Children of Jewell Bonner and Paul Colton are:
46 i. Phillip10 Colton, born September 21, 1933 in Rogersville, Missouri; died Unknown in Rogersville, Missouri.
+ 47 ii. Virginia Jewell Colton, born Aft. 1934 in Rogersville, Missouri.

15. Pearl Virginia9 Bonner (John Thomas8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)51 was born August 20, 1902 in Virginia, and died March 30, 1936 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas. She married John Andrew Columbus Pope52 1918 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas. He was born November 25, 1895 in Buchman, Georgia, and died May 24, 1961 in Smithville, Missouri.

1930 Federal Census, Newton County, Arkansas
Township of Mill Creek, page 2A

John Columbus Pope and his family are listed in the 1930 Federal Census for Newton County, Arkansas. John is listed as 34 uears of age and was born in Georgia. Pearl is listed as 27 years of age, also born in Georgia. The children listed in the household are Chad O, age 9; J. C. age 7; Nona S age 5; Jack J age 2; Jona J age 2 and Paul P less than 1 year of age. All of the children were born in Arkansas.

Children of Pearl Bonner and John Pope are:
48 i. Chad Olephant10 Pope53, born Abt. 1920 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas; died Unknown in ?.
49 ii. Walter Johnie Columbus Pope54, born Abt. 1922 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas; died Unknown in ?.
50 iii. Leala Nona Savannah Pope55, born Abt. 1924 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas; died Unknown in ?.
51 iv. Lena Jewell Pope56, born August 22, 1926 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas; died November 01, 1926 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas.
52 v. Jack Lane Pope57, born Abt. 1928 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas; died Unknown in ?.
53 vi. Jonah Zane Pope58, born Abt. 1928 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas; died Unknown in ?.
+ 54 vii. Paul Paxton Pope, born February 12, 1930 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas; died January 23, 1988 in Smithville, Missouri.
55 viii. Fortha Julie Pope, born Bef. 1934 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas; died Unknown in ?.
+ 56 ix. Ruby Pearl Pope, born March 30, 1936 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas; died April 18, 1987 in Cochise County, Arizona.
57 x. Leo Fawn Pope, born Unknown in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas; died Unknown in ?.

17. J. Clark9 Bonner (William Lee8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)59 was born September 21, 1898 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia, and died Unknown in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. She married (1) John Albert Mills, Sr.60 Bef. 1917 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. He was born Abt. 1895 in Alabama, and died January 20, 1941 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. She married (2) Daniel Webster Wright Aft. 1941 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. He was born August 21, 1893 in Mississippi, and died September 1980 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.

City of Tuscaloosa, page

John Albert Mills and his wife, J. Clark Bonner, are listed with their family in the 1930 Federal Census for Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. Albert is listed as 34 years of age and was born in Alabama. Clark is listed as 32 years of age born in Georgia. The children listed in the household are John A. age 11; M. Jenelle age 10; H. Norman age 8 and F. Travis age 5. All of the children were born in Alabama.

Children of J. Bonner and John Mills are:
58 i. John Albert10 Mills, Jr.61, born May 17, 1918 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama; died May 08, 2001 in Orange Beach, Baldwin County, Alabama.
59 ii. M. Jenelle Mills62, born Abt. 1920 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama; died Unknown in ?.
60 iii. Norman Mills63, born Abt. 1922 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama; died January 01, 1959 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.
61 iv. Travis Mills64, born Abt. 1924 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama; died Unknown in ?.

19. William Hoyt9 Bonner, Sr. (William Lee8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)65 was born July 13, 1904 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia, and died January 29, 1992 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. He married Ollie A. (unknown)66 Abt. 1928 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. She was born May 09, 1907 in Alabama, and died January 18, 1992 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.

Township of Elrod, page 1A

William Hoyt Bonner and his family are listed in the 1930 Federal Census for Tuscaloosa County, Alabama living in the Township of Elrod. William is listed as 25 years of age and was born in Georgia. His wife is listed as "Ollie A" age 23, born in Alabama. There is one child in the household, William H. Jr, age 1, born in Alabama.

Child of William Bonner and Ollie (unknown) is:
62 i. William Hoyt10 Bonner, Jr.67, born February 09, 1929 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama; died February 25, 2000 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.

20. Mary E.9 Bonner (William Lee8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)68 was born November 07, 1907 in Carroll County, Georgia, and died Unknown in ?. She married Fred B. Hughes69 Abt. 1926 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. He was born Abt. 1905 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama, and died Unknown in ?.

City of Tuscaloosa, page 16B

Fred B. Hughes and his family are listed in the 1930 Federal Census for Tuscaloosa County, Alabama and are living in the City of Tuscaloosa. Fred is listed as 25 years of age and was born in Alabama. Mary is listed as 23 years of age and was born in Georgia. There is one child in the household, William H., age 2, born in Alabama.

Child of Mary Bonner and Fred Hughes is:
63 i. William H.10 Hughes70, born Abt. 1927 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama; died Unknown in ?.

26. Miller C.9 Bonner (Sanders N.8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)71 was born July 18, 1901 in Carrollton, Carroll County, Georgia, and died March 1985 in Gadsden, Etowah County, Alabama. He married Annie Mae (unknown)72 Bef. 1930 in Carroll County, Georgia. She was born December 25, 1903 in Carroll County, Georgia, and died April 1984 in Dadeville, Tallapoosa County, Alabama.

1930 Federal Census, Carroll County, Georgia
Community of Tyus, page 9B

Miller C. Bonner is listed in the 1930 Federal Census for Carroll County, Georgia living in the Community of Tysus. Miller is listed as 28 years of age and was born in Georgia. Is wife is listed as "Annie Mae" age 28, also born in Georgia. Miller is listed on line 80 of the census page and his wife is listed on line 98. There is a notation on both lines refering to the other so obviously she was missed by the census taker and later added. Three children are listed under Annie, they are James M. age 5; Susie M. age 3 and Betty N. less than 1 year of age. All of the children were born in Georgia.

Children of Miller Bonner and Annie (unknown) are:
64 i. James M.10 Bonner73, born January 22, 1925 in Carroll County, Georgia; died June 05, 1993 in Gadsden, Etowah County, Alabama.
65 ii. Susie M. Bonner74, born Abt. 1926 in Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.
66 iii. Betty N. Bonner75, born Abt. 1929 in Carroll County, Georgia; died Unknown in ?.

34. Flora9 Henry (Berta Bliss8 Bonner, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)76 was born Abt. 1904 in Carroll County, Georgia, and died Unknown in ?. She married (unknown) Sullivan77 Bef. 1930 in Queens, New York. He was born Abt. 1902 in New York, and died Unknown in ?.

Child of Flora Henry and (unknown) Sullivan is:
67 i. Katherine10 Sullivan78, born Abt. 1925 in Queens, New York; died Unknown in ?.

40. Virginia Carolina9 Bonner (James Claude8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)79 was born August 11, 1924 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina, and died February 13, 1992 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina. She married Karl Sumner Weldon, Sr. Abt. 1952 in South Carolina. He was born March 15, 1924 in South Carolina, and died November 1972 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina.

41. James William9 Bonner (James Claude8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)82 was born July 30, 1926 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina, and died December 10, 1996 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina. He married Thelma Marie Calvin83 October 03, 1952 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina, daughter of Earl Calvin and Lillian Lomme. She was born August 14, 1928 in South Carolina, and died February 1976 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina.

42. Mary Elizabeth9 Bonner (James Claude8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)86 was born March 17, 1928 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina. She married Christie H. Davidson87 Abt. 1953 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina. He was born December 29, 1928 in South Carolina, and died December 13, 1994 in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Generation No. 4

47. Virginia Jewell10 Colton (Jewell Mamie9 Bonner, John Thomas8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)90 was born Aft. 1934 in Rogersville, Missouri. She married Keith Thomas Courtney91 Aft. 1954 in Missouri, son of George Courtney and Bessie Naylor. He was born January 30, 1930 in St. Joseph, Kansas City County, Missouri, and died October 29, 1990 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas.

54. Paul Paxton10 Pope (Pearl Virginia9 Bonner, John Thomas8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)92 was born February 12, 1930 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas, and died January 23, 1988 in Smithville, Missouri. He married Joann Darlene Wait Unknown in ?. She was born Unknown in ?, and died Unknown in ?.

56. Ruby Pearl10 Pope (Pearl Virginia9 Bonner, John Thomas8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1) was born March 30, 1936 in Pruitt, Newton County, Arkansas, and died April 18, 1987 in Cochise County, Arizona. She married (1) (unknown) Burgess Unknown in ?. He was born Unknown in ?, and died Unknown in ?. She married (2) unknown Adams Unknown in ?. He was born Unknown in ?. She married (3) Harry L Lovell Unknown in ?. He was born Unknown in ?.

68. Karl Sumner10 Weldon, Jr. (Virginia Carolina9 Bonner, James Claude8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)93 was born Abt. 1953 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina. He married Roxanne (unknown)94 Unknown in South Carolina. She was born Unknown in ?.

70. Sharon Marie10 Bonner (James William9, James Claude8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)97 was born March 07, 1955 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina. She married Eugene Willard Koon, Jr.98 Bef. 1977 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina. He was born Unknown in ?.

73. Deborah10 Davidson (Mary Elizabeth9 Bonner, James Claude8, William Stegall7, John Thomas6, Zadock5, Thomas4, Henry3, Henry2, Henry1)102 was born Abt. 1954 in Virginia. She married Michael Warner103 Bef. 1983 in ?. He was born Unknown in ?.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SHACKLEFORD 12 Nov 2003 9:32PM GMT 
SHACKLEFORD 12 Nov 2003 9:54PM GMT 
marlalightblb 26 Dec 2014 7:10PM GMT 
SHACKLEFORD 12 Nov 2003 10:13PM GMT 
Donnie Shackleford 13 Nov 2003 10:17PM GMT 
Donnie Shackleford 14 Nov 2003 12:38AM GMT 
SHACKLEFORD 15 Nov 2003 7:31PM GMT 
Charles Bonner 18 Jun 2004 9:02AM GMT 
Meradith McGee 13 Dec 2003 2:41AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic