Search for content in message boards

Johann Diel BOHN/BOHNE

Replies: 0

Johann Diel BOHN/BOHNE

Posted: 12 Mar 2005 2:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOHN, BOHNE, BOON, BOONE
My wife is a descendant of Johann Diel BOHN/BOHNE b.1711, Germany and imigrated to America in 1741. The spelling of this last name changed to BOON and then to BOONE soon after arrival in America. This family is often confused with the Daniel BOONE family.

I am a Army Chaplain stationed in Germany.

I was reminded by another researcher that Nellie (Woods) Whedon in her book on Johann Diel Bohne/Bohn in 1945 wrote: "The seat of the German Boone family is said to have been in Palatinat Province of Pfalz, near the village of Obermoscehl"

I currently live about 30 minutes from there and plan to go and visit that location next weekend. I did some checking and there is no one with the Bohn/Bohne last name living there now. Of course Johann left there almost 300 years ago and things do change. If anyone has any actual evidence that the family came from this area, I would appreciate it. At this point all I have to support that the family came from there is those few words written in 1945.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions