I had read in one of the reports on General Daniel Morgan of Winchester VA that he was the uncle of Daniel Boone.
For sure his daughter married Presley Neville of Pittsburgh who was the son of Col John Neville the chief whiskey tax collector in Pitttsburgh in 1794. I am trying to connect the Morgan/Myers family of the Myers Iron Works in Kentucky to Daniel Boone.
Several records are very clear.
1. Jacob Myers along with Ralph Morgan went to Kentucky to build an Iron Works. Ralph Morgan founded Morgan Station Kentucky. Jacob Myers founded the Slate Creek Iron Works in Kentucky with land granted to him by Patrick Henry. Patrick Henry was married to Gov Alexander Spotswood's daughter Dorothea.
2. Both Daniel Morgan and Daniel Boone were wagon operators during General Braddocks Expedition to Pittsburgh in 1755.
3. Daniel Morgan would travel to Pittsburgh often to visit his daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren.
4. That Daniel Morgan ran the Morgan/Burwell mill at Millwood VA after he retired from the army. The mill is still in operation today as the Morgan/Burwell Mill.
5. Daniel Boone stayed with Gov Alexander Spotswood and his wife Anne Butler Bryan just after Bradocks Defeat in Pittsburgh.