To clear up some errors about this couple, here are the proven facts......
To begin with, I will call the husband here DAVID BOSANG, which is the name that he used in Augusta Co., VA.
1. No evidence has ever been presented to link this BOSANG family with the BUSHONG family.
2. Teobalt/Devault BOSANG (David BOSANG) arrived in this country on the ship "Two Brothers" which docked in Philadelphia, PA on 28 Sep 1753. ("Pennsylvania German Pioneers" by Strassburger-Hinke: 564)
3. David BOSANG md. 1) name unknown at this time. This wife and their daughter Margaret BOSANG, b. 2 Dec 1750, must have come over on the ship with him. Margaret later md. Philip GREEVER/GRUVER (umlaut over the "u") in Augusta Co., VA in 1773.
("History & Genealogy of the Griever/Greaver/Griever Family of Virginia" by Dr. John Greever, 1978)
4. David's first wife evidently died sometime before 15 May 1758 as, on that date, he md. Maria Barbara SUESS "widow" in Lancaster Co., PA. In this record, he is called a "widower from Burbach in Weyburg" (evidently in what is now called Germany).
("Trinity Lutheran Church Records, Lancaster, Pennsylvania", translated and edited by Debra D. Smith and Frederick S. Weiser, 1988: 253)
5. Maria Barbara SUESS was the widow of Henrich SU(E)SS and she had a son, Henry SU(E)SS at the time of her marriage to David BOSANG. Heirich SUSS (umlaut over the "u") arrived in PA in 1751. Although her maiden name has been reported as GRUBER/GREEVER, etc. spellings, I do not have the proof of this or the names of her parents. If anyone has this proof, please let me know. Records of the son Henry SU(E)SS are usually found in the Augusta Co., VA records as Henry SUSS/SEAS, Jr..
6. David and Barbara BOSANG migrated from PA to Frederick Co., VA where they lived from 1760-1767 and the name was spelled numerous different ways in the records of this county.
(Frederick Co., VA Deed Bk.5: 501; Deed Bk. 7: 281; Deed Bk. 8: 208; Deed Book 11: 398; Deed Bk. 12: 58)
7. Their whereabouts from 1767 to 1773 (when the first record of David BOSANGER/BOSANG appears in the Augusta Co., VA) is presently unknown by me. The appraisal of the estate of Wm. McPheeters in 1773 included the names of persons who owed money to the estate. This list included an amount owed by Duval BOSANGER.
(Augusta Co., VA Ct. Order Bk.5: 159)
8. David and Maria Barbara BOSANG had only one child together-----a son John BOSANG.
9. In 1774, David BOSANG purchased Lot #7 in the town of Staunton, Augusta Co., VA and operated an "ordinary" there until his death in 1777.
10. David's will was written and signed with hismark "B" on 5 Feb 1775 and probated on 18 Nov 1777. It names his wife Barbara, son-in-law Philip Gruber, Jr. and his three children: Margaret GRUBER, Henry SEUSE and John BOSANG. Margaret was his dau. by his 1st wife and Henry was the son of David's present wife, Barbara, with her 1st husband, Henry SU(E)SS.
(Augusta Co., VA Will Bk. 5: 543)
11. David's widow, Barbara, md. Jacob GRASS, Sr. sometime before 20 Apr 1778 when she disclaimed the provisions of the will of her husband, David BOSAND/BOSANG and claimed her dower rights in his estate. (Augusta Co., VA Ct. Order Bk. 16: 284)
12. Jacob GRASS, Sr. then took over the operation of David's "ordinary" (tavern) in Staunton until David's son, John BOSANG, was of an age to do so.
13. John BOSANG md. Elizabeth BURK, dau. of William BURK who died in Augusta Co., VA in 1782. John BOSANG died sometime before 1803 when his widow md. 2) Robert BAILEY who took over the operation of the ordinary in Staunton.
Dolores C. Rutherford