Search for content in message boards

FRANCOIS ZENON BOUTTE

Replies: 46

Re: francis zenon boutte

Barbara Hunt Manuel (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2003 5:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Well I have the information you need, but I have been trying to find out who was ripping it off for the previous years. My mother and her brorther (now deceased) where the oldest living heirs. In the 1950s Shell oil and an attorney John Cobb of Gretna contacted all heirs (everybody and their distant cousins) which was not how it is done, and each person hired him as their attorney to protect their claim--this was intended to make him rich in attorney's fees and because the fees from so many ended up being more than the royalties he would have taken the property for nonpayment of fees. The state of Louisiana came to the rescue and stopped all activities and John Cobb's scam. No one could touch it or drill without the consent of the state of LA. Now my uncle and my mom (who trusted my uncle's attorny if he really consulted with one) signed a lease with Shell oil --at least three years ago and have not seen a dime. My mom said she did not know they should have paid her for the lease (she is 88 yrs. old). I have the map and letter from Shell oil --I am going to try and get some information'
PS I would love to find out where to locate the family tree.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Barbara Hunt Manuel 12 Apr 2003 11:37PM GMT 
Katherine Hill 28 Apr 2003 7:21PM GMT 
cajohntrkr 19 Apr 2010 6:30PM GMT 
cajohntrkr 19 Apr 2010 6:30PM GMT 
cajohntrkr 19 Apr 2010 6:32PM GMT 
Lenora Colled... 19 Apr 2010 8:57PM GMT 
auterivehaute 3 May 2010 5:05PM GMT 
Cindy 30 Apr 2003 1:21AM GMT 
Barbara Nezat 12 May 2003 6:51AM GMT 
bridget 22 May 2003 7:32PM GMT 
per page