Search for content in message boards

BOWLER FAMILY DENTON AND HYDE

Replies: 27

Re: BOWLER FAMILY DENTON AND HYDE

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 1:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Maureen
i was looking at Ben and Mary on the 1911 census. this was before Elliott had been born in 1912, they state they have been married 1 yr and had 1 child already, (this child has obviously died as it then says) 0 children living and 1 died.
asked mum if she knew anything about this and she said her dad (James) had never mentioned anything. did Auntie Kathleen ever mention it?
am now looking for this child born and died between 1910-1911

you may have seen a post from Mike in Canada, i have been working with him for a few years as we were both intrigued as to where the name Bigland came from. in the end we found Samuel Bowler b1793 (i think of the top of my head) and he married a Jane Bigland, that's when the name starts to appear in our family.
we will have to meet up sometime and i'll show you the work i've done on the Bowler family tree with Mike's help

oh and we ARE related to the 'Bowler's' who made the Bowler hat in London, again researched with the help of Mike. my mum said that her dad always said that they were related to them.

the posts on here from Dinnymiles are from one of those distant relations descended from the Bowler hat Bowlers

lots for you to digest there!!
Sam xx
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
charlesworth_... 27 Aug 2012 3:21PM GMT 
Mike Morris 27 Aug 2012 7:25PM GMT 
izattfamily 30 Aug 2012 2:11PM GMT 
charlesworth_... 30 Aug 2012 4:45PM GMT 
samanthalgray... 3 Sep 2012 7:45PM GMT 
charlesworth_... 4 Sep 2012 3:44PM GMT 
asimmy 11 Apr 2013 2:51PM GMT 
samanthalgray... 8 Sep 2012 8:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions