Search for content in message boards

Timothy Bowler

Replies: 7

Re: Timothy Bowler

Posted: 10 Oct 2010 9:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
because of the sheer number of Timothy's and the fact that most children, by custom, were named after grandparents or favorite uncles etc I imagine somewhere along the line they're all connected to the original Timothy. add that they're all from Kerry and the Killarney area and it's almost a given. there are Hannah's on my Murphy and Houlihan side but none that I know of on Bowler.

at present there's an English author with the same name who wasn't interested in connections or connecting with me to research roots...you might have better luck, being aware of an actual English line..he's got a website.

my father researched the surname at Trinity College and discovered it was originally a Norman name, arriving in the 1200s, and included a bishop in the early days.
as I said, both grandparents died when my father was 11 and 13 so there's not much information I can offer..I would like to know more but have no resources...

keep in touch and if I can help or add anything, let me know....btw, a bunch of my Murphy cousins from Kilquane, Kerry are scattered around Australia...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KerryBowler07... 6 Sep 2010 4:41AM GMT 
maggiforte 6 Oct 2010 11:05PM GMT 
KerryBowler07... 9 Oct 2010 10:54AM GMT 
KerryBowler07... 9 Oct 2010 10:54AM GMT 
maggiforte 9 Oct 2010 3:00PM GMT 
KerryBowler07... 10 Oct 2010 5:30AM GMT 
maggiforte 10 Oct 2010 3:16PM GMT 
amebowler 1 Dec 2010 7:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic