Search for content in message boards

Maria J. (Ray) Bradshaw, b.1853, wife of William, lived Pike Co., IL

Replies: 0

Maria J. (Ray) Bradshaw, b.1853, wife of William, lived Pike Co., IL

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 11:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bradshaw, Ray, Lidgard, Smith
I have an original three generation 6”x8” photograph of “Grandmother Bradshaw, Aunt Lark Lidgard and Margaret, and Aunt Maggie Smith – 3 generations”, which I’d like to get back to descendants or family members. Lark and Maggie were sisters, daughters of Maria (Ray) Bradshaw, and Margaret Lidgard was Lark’s daughter. Maria Bradshaw looks to be about 60 in the picture, Lark (Bradshaw) Lidgard about 25, Margaret Lidgard about 2 and Maggie (Bradshaw) Smith about 30.

I found the family in the picture in a number of censuses, starting with 1880 in Chambersburg (Pike Co.) IL showing Maria Bradshaw wife of William, both age 27, and with daughter Maggie, age 3. In 1900, family lived in same location, with six children including Lark M. Bradshaw age 14, born December 1885, and Maggie, age 23, born September 1876. Mother Mariah J. Bradshaw was born Feb 1853 Indiana. Ancestry Public Member Tree shows Lark (as daughter of Mariah Jane Ray Bradshaw) was married 1905 to Frank P. Lidgard, and their daughter Margaret Lidgard was born in 1907. 1910 and 1920 censuses for Bureau Co., IL show Margaret Lidgard, age 3 (1910) & 13 (1920). Ancestry Public Member Tree shows Margaret died in 1932 but gives no sources.

Get back to me at margerice@prodigy.net if you are related to any of this Bradshaw, Lidgard, Smith family.

Find a board about a specific topic