Search for content in message boards

BRAGG (Tennessee & WV) Looking for Info on any!!

Replies: 11

Re: BRAGG (Tennessee & WV) Looking for Info on any!!

Elaine Hensley (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2005 8:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bragg
I am very interested in learning more information on the Bragg families in Cannon and Rutherford Counties in Tennessee. I would be most grateful if someone could please provide me with a complete listing of Dozier Bragg and Margaret "Peggy" Bussey-Bragg's children. My g-grandfather was a Bussey from Cannon County, Tn. and he named his first born son Dozier, his father was Thomas J. Bussey, born in 1844 according to most census records (there is a cousin of his also named Thomas J. Bussey, also living in Cannon County, Tn. at the same time, but born in 1834, in 1870, the two Thomas J. Bussey's are living in the same home in District 1 of Cannon County. We know the Bussey line for my g-g-grandfather's cousin, Thomas, born in 1834, but not for my Thomas J. Bussey. I know that they were cousins though. Which male Bussey is my g-grandfather father is not yet known, as he apparently died when Thomas was very young, but it is his mother, whom I believe is the Bragg connection. I found Thomas and his siblings with their mother in the 1850 Rutherford county census records living in the house with a Wylie Prince and his wife Bety A. Prince (I do not know if there is a family connection or whether Bety A. might be an older sister of Thomas who has just been married, according to the census records within the year (1850) . Thomas' mother's name is Nancy, born abt. 1815 or so, and she has two daughters, Mary, born abt. 1838, and a Nancy C. Bussey, (in this census record the spelling for Bussey is shown as Bucy, but it is them), Nancy C. Bussey/Bucy is shown as being born in abt. 1841 or possibly 1842. By 1860 Thomas and his sister Mary are living with what we presume is an aunt, Temperence "Tempy" Bussey-Moody, in District 1 of Cannon County, Tn., and both the mother Nancy and the sister Nancy C. have vanished (possibly Nancy has died and Nancy C. may have married). By 1870, Thomas is living in the home with is cousin Thomas J. Bussey, born in 1834, and his wife, in District one of Cannon County. He marries my g-g-grandmother, the following year, 1871, her name is Mary J. Fann-Bussey (I have researched her line). I believe the Bragg connection is my g-g-grandfather, Thomas J. Bussey's mother, Nancy, whom I believe was out of Dozier Bragg and Margaret Peggy Bussey-Bragg's line, but I need more information on their children and on their children's children. Was there a Nancy born near 1815, who married a Bussey, to anyone's knowledge ?? All information would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Elaine
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ib_Curious 26 Jun 2003 1:24AM GMT 
DEB2171 2 Sep 2003 2:51AM GMT 
DeeDeeWard1 13 Aug 2004 1:00AM GMT 
Nancy Bragg Bird 18 Aug 2004 9:04PM GMT 
Joydice Ward 18 Aug 2004 10:32PM GMT 
Nancy Bragg Bird 19 Aug 2004 3:33PM GMT 
Elaine Hensley 5 Jul 2005 2:03AM GMT 
JamieMarcyMil... 28 May 2012 7:21AM GMT 
Ib_Curious 30 May 2012 3:22AM GMT 
Ib_Curious 26 Mar 2012 2:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions