Search for content in message boards

Braxton Bragg siblings descendants

Replies: 2

Re: Braxton Bragg siblings descendants

Posted: 15 Jan 2012 9:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Feb 2012 3:16PM GMT
Surnames: McCoy Bragg
My Great-Grandmother was Louise McCoy Bragg, her husband was Christopher Columbus Bragg, I also have his social security number from a letter from the Dept. of Health, Education & Welfare dated January 22, 1970 they both died within a few year of the other, I have cemetary deed for him, and the name of the funeral home, in Huntington, W. Virginia and it's address, sent to my great aunt Helen on January 27, 1970. I also have a picture of her gravestone, in Fresno, CA.taken in 1973 after her death. They had eleven children there were only 2 or 3 surviving her, and assumne they are all gone now. She spoke of Christopher Columbus Bragg who said his claim to fame was his relationship to the Confederate General, Braxton Bragg,and she spoke of the feuds between the MCCoy and Hatfields when she was a girl. Her father's name was Sylvester (Ves) MCCoy, her mother Ellen or Mary Varney, they lived in Huntington, W. Virginia, Cabel County. Her daughter Kathleen Olive Bragg married my grandfather Sidney W. Stephenson, they all lived together in the 1930 census. There is several interesting stories and I have many letter written back and forth between children cousins aunts and uncles with tragic yet infamous endings to their lives. I just want to find all the connections I can to paint a broader picture than I have now. If anyone has any kind of information or know of how I might find information I would be eternally grateful, asI find it quite fascinating, they lived during a time in our nation that was filled with bigger than life people and their stories. Where did their inner strength come from, to have surevived so many, shadey, sad and infamous circumstances. Can anyone help me with this search?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
slgrace02 2 Jan 2012 6:57PM GMT 
tschmoker 16 Jan 2012 3:40AM GMT 
tschmoker 16 Jan 2012 4:56AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic