Search for content in message boards

African American Bragg's from Mississippi and South Carolina

Replies: 0

African American Bragg's from Mississippi and South Carolina

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 10:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 May 2012 8:16PM GMT
Surnames: Bragg
My name is Vince Bragg. I am a descendent of Marcus Bragg, born around 1789 in South Carolina and died in the 1870's in Winston Co. Mississippi. Marcus was the slave of James and Nancy Leatherwood Bragg who were from the Spartanburg, SC area. When James and Nancy migrated from Spartanburg to Winston Co. in the 1850's, they brought along Marcus and his family which included his wife who I think was named Tempie, and children Mary, Jack (my great-great grandfather), Jennie, Lucy, Ann, and Richard, who was born on his way to Mississippi in Alabama. Jack's son John Sr is my great grandfather, and his son John Bragg Jr is my grandfather. John Sr died in Winston County in 1958 and John Jr died in Louisville in 1977. Our Bragg's ended up settling in Fearn Springs, Mississippi in the southeast corner of Winston Co. Over the years they branch out to Louisville, the county seat, and north to Henderson, Tn, Memphis, and other destination north. If anyone recognizes these names or this lineage please contact me.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions