Search for content in message boards

David Bragg and Susan Giles or Cornelius Bragg and Phebe Caraker in Southern Illinois

Replies: 0

David Bragg and Susan Giles or Cornelius Bragg and Phebe Caraker in Southern Illinois

Posted: 7 Nov 2013 6:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bragg, Giles, Caraker
Hello, I'm searching for information about my great-grandfather Calvin Bragg. He was born about 1880 in Southern Illinois near Eldorado. I believe that he is the son of either David Bragg and Susan Giles or Cornelius Bragg and Phebe Caraker but can't find any info to prove that. He does not show up in the 1880 Census. He may have been born after the Census was taken that year. He does not show up until the 1900 Census where he is listed as a servant on two different farms in Southern Illinois. Cornelius and Phebe had a son named Charles in 1879. He is listed on the 1880 Census but never shows back up in any Census. I wonder if Calvin could be the baby Charles. He could have been named Charles Calvin. I know that Phebe also had an uncle named Calvin. Because of the fire that burned the 1890 Census, I have no way to find Calvin as a child with his family. Any help would be appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions