Search for content in message boards

Brazell Families Meriwether/Troup Cos GA and Tallapoosa/Chambers Co. AL.

Replies: 0

Brazell Families Meriwether/Troup Cos GA and Tallapoosa/Chambers Co. AL.

Posted: 29 Jul 2013 12:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jul 2013 12:21PM GMT
Surnames: Brazell,Braswell,Brazzel,Brasil,Brazil,
Hi - I'm looking for Brazell ( you may spell it differently) family that are descended from Nathan Brazell who is first seen in Wilkes Co. GA.as a widower with 3 children. I believe Nathan had a total of 3 wives and at least 10 sons and 1 daughter ( daughter was Elizabeth Brazzel Maxwell Wooten). Most all the children were born in Wilkes Co. Then he migrated to Meriwether/Troup by 1840. By 1860 both Nathan and his oldest son Henry Davis Brazell have disappeared leaving Henry's widow Susan Heath and family in Lone Oak,Meriwether Co. GA and his widow Elizabeth Talbot Reynolds and their family in Chambers Co. AL.

The known children of Nathan Brazell were
Henry
William
Elizabeth
Jonathan1
Jonathan2(?)
Joseph
James
Nathan S.
Isaiah
Enoch
Gustavus
Milton
My brother has done the Braswell Project DNA testing and I've done the Ancestry.com DNA testing we are wondering if anyone else has.
We are NOT descendants of Rev.Robert Bracewell according to the DNA.

From what I can gather each of Nathan's surviving sons had numerous sons them selves so there should be alot of family out there.
My branch is descended through oldest son Henry Davis Brasil to Mathew Augustus Braswell to Benjamin Brooks Braswell/Brazell to Carl E. Brazell Sr to Carl E. Brazell Jr my father.
Over the last 15 years I have been in contact with various families and have lost most of the information. So if we've corresponded in the past please let's reconnect.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions