Search for content in message boards

Bartholomew Breen father of Thomas b. 1826-1830

Replies: 3

Re: Bartholomew Breen father of Thomas b. 1826-1830

Posted: 9 Jul 2007 12:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Breen/Brien, Sullivan, Langin, Christopher, Cronin, Ryan, O'Leary, Hardy
Yes, I can make out the same as you. I was hoping there might be a list of Catholic chapels in the London area somewhere? I know this was registered in Poplar and they lived there through the birth of their 2nd child, then moved to the Cnty of Kent, parish of St. Nicholas, Borough of Greenwich in the city of Deptford, where their youngest daughter and only son were born. Is there any sites that list the Catholic churches in a particular parish?

Also, I can make out the name of the 2nd witness as John Sullivan, so I've been operating on the possibility this is a brother or uncle?

I did find a Johanna Sullivan in the 1851 UK census living with a Mary and Mathias Fox and listed as their neice. But I do not read this name as Mary Fox. I've determined the name to be Mary S___ (about 4 or 5 letters long) or possibly Mary Ashe or Asher. What do you think. I read the registrar as Thomas William Gregore or Gregory. Where would I find a list of registrars for the year 1853? If you know. I wish I had more knowledge of the UK. I have no clue if the traditions of the Catholic church in 1853 England were anything like 1853 in the US. In the US it is customary to have friends as witnesses. Generally the Best Man and Maid or Maiden of Honor. Almost never is it relatives. Oh well. Thank you for trying to read it. I appreciate any guidance I can get.
Dee
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dee_IrishCloo... 7 Jul 2007 8:14PM GMT 
MJ12Young 9 Jul 2007 1:34AM GMT 
dee_IrishCloo... 9 Jul 2007 6:02PM GMT 
mjeilers3 25 Oct 2012 7:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions