Search for content in message boards

Brenton

Replies: 4
Posted: 16 Jul 2009 7:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jul 2009 6:01AM GMT
Surnames: BRENTON, SUTTON
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY....I went to the link you posted and read all the information I could find on the 65th Regt. at least I know what it means now thank you again !! Yes I know where he is buried and the information you have is correct.....Clida P Brenton (Sutton ) is my grandmother and Otto P Brenton is my grandfather. They are both buried In Union Cemetary right outside of Doniphan Mo. it's a small family owned (Sutton) cemetary. I have a picture of their tombstones side by side and I also have a copy of his death certificate. The problem is I cannot find anything on his parents or siblings or anything. We have information on him but it stops with him! I went to the national archives but there is sooooo much on that website I don't have clue how to search on there. His death certificate states his fathers name is Jas Brenton....Mothers listed as "UNKNOWN" .My grandmother never spoke about him to me nor did my mother who did'nt know much about him either since he died when she was about 12. HIs place of birth is listed as VELBEN INDIANA on the death certificate .... which does not exist according to search engines on the web and map. I have ran out of Idea's ....Can a person get a copy of someones military records when you are a grandchild and not the person child? Birth certifacate is suppose to be harder to get I was told.
Thank you again for your help....sorry this is so long a post !!
TheresaHise48
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
renegadewoman 17 Jul 2009 1:49AM GMT 
ycaso77 17 Jul 2009 3:47AM GMT 
renegadewoman 17 Jul 2009 5:09AM GMT 
ycaso77 17 Jul 2009 5:17AM GMT 
ycaso77 17 Jul 2009 4:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions