Briggs DNA Project--Pictures

Replies: 2

Briggs DNA Project--Pictures

Louise Briggs (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2006 8:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BRIGGS
Hi Everyone!
I wanted to let everyone know that we have new informaiton posted to the website!
There are lots of new pictures you can see in the "Photos" link at the bottom of the page. The adorable picture of Russell Thornton Briggs has also been connected to his family. He is a descendant of Clement Briggs, and the grandson of Captain Luther Jenney Briggs of New Bedford, MA and New York City. Doug Sinclair has written extensively about this family, and has allowed us to post the links to his websites which you'll find under the "Links" page. Doug is a great....nephew of Captain Briggs, and I know everyone will also enjoy reading about the shipping industry at the turn of the century. If you go through Doug's pages, you'll also see pictures of Russell's father Luther Briggs Jr. and his Uncle Thornton at about the same age. Thanks Doug--we look forward to a book on Luther Jenney Briggs in the future!

We also have fantastic pictures of Dr. Benjamin Bennett Briggs. One of my favorites is Dr. Briggs sitting next to a skeleton! There's another pictures showing a fabulous view of where his home and TB Sanitorium were situated in the California hills.

I've also included some of my husband's family--the Reverend Ansel Child Briggs, who is the third generation of Methodist ministers behind my husband.

We appreciate the pictures that have been sent to us, and hope to receive many more! Just email any photos, and we'll post them on the website.

We are also expecting more DNA results within the next few months, so check back often for new results.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~briggsdna

Louise [& Tim Briggs]
Briggs DNA Project Administrators
louisebriggs@sbcglobal.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Louise Briggs 26 Apr 2006 2:17PM GMT 
gramkovon 6 Jan 2007 11:34PM GMT 
cgb176 11 Jan 2007 11:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic