Search for content in message boards

Searching Info Bright--Stillman--Cole Does any one know??

Replies: 1

Re: Searching Info Bright--Stillman--Cole Does any one know??

Posted: 22 Sep 2011 9:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Hiram Bright was married to 2 cherokee women Lydia ... have her surname but won't pop into my head at the monent and Rachael Gardner. He removed with the Cherokees and Lydia and her Children to Indian Territory. Rachael remained with her children in Ga and then Marshall County Alabama. You can find records for Lydia and Hiram's decendants in the Dawes Commission records. I have found a record for Racheal Bright on the payment for Improvement rolls from the removal period. She and her children were in Marshall county by the early 1830s she is in the 1840 census there and her Children are in the census records from 1850 on. One Child, Rollin Bright is also on the 1840 he died in the 1846 war with Mexico. I have a death certificate for my greatgrandfather John Lias Bright who was the grandson of Rachel and Hiram they were listed as his parents unstead of his grandparents by his son in law. Hope this gives you some help.
Linda Davis
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
yuentamee 2 Apr 2005 5:04PM GMT 
honeychild543 22 Sep 2011 3:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions