Search for content in message boards

Brooks Family in Alabama

Replies: 16

Re: Jacob Brooks

Posted: 26 Mar 2006 8:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BROOKS, WHITE, WHITE, HOWARD, WRIGHT
Roger, I have been out sick and lost a lot of time in my researcher, I lives within 20 miles of Blount, Co., Al. most of the Brooks in Bloune migrated from DeKalb, Madison and Etowah Co., in Ala.
We are also using th BKS book but we have found many a error in it but for the time she wrote it is a wonderfully written book

I am look for MOSES BROOK of Hall Co., Ga. we have not been able to put parents with him but he married Saleter Epperson d/o Peter Epperson and Rhoda Watkins in Franklin co., Ga. from their we find him in Carroll Co., GA then in 1850 Census we find them in Tallapoosa Co., Al. Moses son William Andrew Brooks md Elizabeth Howard in Randolph co. where their children were born then migrated to Short Creek, Etowah Co., and on to Garden City, Blount Co. in or aroun 1905 they migrated to Cornith, Dekalb co., Al. where we learn that Henry Brooks family is thier we suspect Henry is William Andrew broth for their is a Henry in the House Hold of Moses about the same age. This Henry married Melissa Wright of Randolph Co. so we do beleieve he is the brother ot William. William A. before 1918 moved back to Garden City now located in Cullman Co., where he died and is buried in Garden City Cemetery in this same cemetery is buried Simeon Clarence nd Simeon Walter their father Simeon if Burd in Pinson, Jefferson Co., a place called Sweeney Hollard
They passed through St. Clair Co., where we have some Brooks of the same line in this community.

I hope this has not confused any on and if you connect contact me at sshorn@alltel.net

Hope to hear from you
Sue Horn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
slefan 1 Aug 2000 4:40PM GMT 
SueHorn22340 27 Mar 2006 3:15AM GMT 
SueHorn22340 27 Mar 2006 3:25AM GMT 
saint17261 19 Jul 2013 6:50PM GMT 
penny wilson 1 Oct 2013 10:00PM GMT 
penny wilson 1 Oct 2013 10:14PM GMT 
ritajones61r 16 Dec 2000 12:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions