Search for content in message boards

Robert Brooks in VA

Replies: 12

Re: Robert Brooks in VA

Posted: 9 Apr 2014 8:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Apr 2014 7:35PM GMT
If anyone is still reading this thread, I am the GGGGG grandson of Robert Brooks (Sr.) and Brambly Rose. Robert married Abigail Ellis, the next door neighbor after both had lost their spouses. None of the children of Robert were from Abigail. My 111 marker yDNA is a match for the descendant of Robert's brother Elisha whose sons married the daughters of Capt. James Butler the American Revolutionary Martyr (killed by Bloody Bill Cunningham at Clouds Creek, Nov 17, 1781).
The children of Wade and William were detailed in the Chancery Suits in Mecklenburg because both sons died just before their father Robert died. Contrary to popular belief, Robert Sr. Did not have biological sons named Robert Rose or Jordan. These two boys are believed to be cousins of Brambly. That is why the were not in Robert's Will. I had all these details and the family in my RootsWeb site which was just wiped out by Ancestry.com. I still have "Richard Brooks Jr., 12 Generations in America"at Ancestry, so if you are related, contact me at brooks.bob@comcast.net to view it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Fredad 12 Jan 2003 7:45PM GMT 
fluffy604 12 Jan 2003 8:45PM GMT 
robertdewittb... 9 Apr 2014 2:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic