CHILDREN of JACOB BROOKS and ELIZABETH MILLER:
1. ESAU BROOKS b.1801; d. WFT Est. 1851-1893
2. ZEMERY BROOKS: b. 1802. Georgia; d. WFT Est. 1849-1893
3. EADY BROOKS, b. Abt. 1805 , Jackson County, GA; d. November 25, 1886
4. JOHN BROOKS, b. 1808; d. February 05, 1877.
5. JAMES BROOKS, b. February 22, 1809; d. June 24 1908.
6. SARAH MILLER BROOKS, b. 1812; d. March 25 1872. m. WILLIAM T RICHARDSON, May 07, 1848, Jackson County, GA; b. WFT Est. 1796-1828; d. WFT Est. 1853-1912
ESAU BROOKS m. MARY ANN WILSON November 30, 1826 Jackson County, GA. Mary Ann b. WFT Est. 1791-1815, d. WFT Est. 1852-1905
CHILDREN of ESAU BROOKS and MARY ANN WILSON:
1. MELISA A BROOKS b. Abt 1828; d. WFT Est. 1829-1922
2. ANDREW J BROOKS, b. Abt. 1830; d. August 23, 1864, Macon, GA, CW wounds
3. JACOB WILSON BROOKS, b. Abt 1835, d. WFT Est. 1852-1925
4. ELIZABETH M. BROOKS b. Abt. 1836
5. JAMES WILLIAM BROOKS, b. Abt. 1837
6. TABATHA BROOKS, b. Abt. 1837
7. JORDAN BROOKS, b. March 16, 1839, Jackson Co. GA
8. DAVID MOSES BROOKS, b. April 10, 1844, Jackson Co. GA; d. August 11, 1922.
9. JUNIUS HILLYER BROOKS, b. 1850, Hall Co. GA
ZEMERY BROOKS m. MARY ? b. Abt. 1792 in SC
CHILDREN of ZEMERY and MARY:
1. SARAH BROOKS, b. Abt. 1828
2. MARY ANN BROOKS, b. Abt. 1830
3. WILLIAM M BROOKS, b. Abt. 1834
4. THOMAS P. BROOKS, b. Abt. 1847
ZEMERY BROOKS was a Blacksmith and is listed in the 1850 Gwinnet County, Georgia Census with his wife and four children.
All this information, and more is contained in a Family Tree sent to me several years ago by a descendant of Jacob R. Brooks. It is in paper form and covers 74 pages (37 both sides). I did have it on my computer but have had several crashes since, computer has been down months now so file is probably lost. If you would like a paper copy, let me know. I am in the UK.
My husband is a BROOKS descended from a so far parent-less JEREMIAH BROOKS, b. 1773 in VA. Jim has recently joined FamilyTreeDNA and had the Y-DNA test done (Paternal line for males only) and is now also having the Family Finder test done (male and female). It is worth considering if you haven't done one yourself.