Search for content in message boards

Jeremiah Brooks

Replies: 12

Re: Jeremiah Brooks

Posted: 6 Jun 2007 3:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Jackie,

Thank you for checking for my Robert, James, and Iverson Brooks in your files. I am getting the sneaky suspicion that our families might be more closely related than we thought, ie, that your Jeremiah of Person Co., might be related to my Christoper of Caswell Co. and that both families' descendants ended up in Eastern Arkansas.

I have two Christopher Brooks. The first married Susannah Williams and they had a son named Christopher Williams Brooks, b. 1781. Christopher Williams Brooks married Isabelle Kerr in Caswell Co., NC. They had several children, 3 of which - Robert Holderness Brooks, Iverson Brooks, and James Malone Brooks, moved to Haywood Co., TN between 1850-1852, around the same time as your Jeremiah's son, David and wife Elizabeth Brooks, moved to Benton Co., TN.

My Iverson Brooks (and perhaps his brothers) continued on to Drew Co., AR, which is not too far from Little Rock, AR. Your husband's family also moved to Little Rock, AR? Did they go by way of TN and perhaps live there for a while too (I wasn't sure if your husband was descended from the David you said moved to TN or not)?

Maybe these two lines are more closely related then we thought. Another researcher pointed me to the Kingston Parish Records of Gloucester Co., VA (became Matthews Co) where there were baptism, marriage, and death records of the Brook(e)s families. According to parish records, a "_______her Brookes" was the son of Thomas and Mary Brooks, and he was born 1755. So this might be the Christopher Brooks I was looking for. Also, this Thomas (and his brother Richard, married to Ann) were supposedly sons of a Jonathan Brooks who was born in England or VA about 1710.

Both Thomas and Richard Brooks settled and died in Caswell County in the early 1800s. Have you heard any mention of a Thomas, Richard, Jonathan, or Gloucester/Matthews Co., VA in any of your research?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Newton Brooks 11 Oct 2001 2:11AM GMT 
JackieSBrooks 17 Dec 2001 11:21PM GMT 
Ginger Smith 9 May 2007 8:09PM GMT 
JackieSBrooks 10 May 2007 7:13AM GMT 
Ginger Smith 10 May 2007 11:38AM GMT 
JackieSBrooks 11 May 2007 7:19AM GMT 
Ginger Smith 6 Jun 2007 9:32PM GMT 
JackieSBrooks 7 Jun 2007 7:09AM GMT 
Ginger Smith 11 May 2007 2:29PM GMT 
JackieSBrooks 12 May 2007 6:54AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions