Search for content in message boards

Jeremiah Brooks

Replies: 12

Re: Jeremiah Brooks

Posted: 11 May 2007 1:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brooks
Hi Ginger,
David and Elizabeth (nee Terrell) moved with their family to Big Sandy, Benton County, Tennessee, to be near their eldest son Hiram Comer, who had previously travelled there by wagon train from Bushy Fork, near Hurdle Mills, Person County.
I don't recognise the three names you gave of the brothers who moved to Tennessee, but it seems strange they moved about the same time as David and Elizabeth. I wonder if they were cousins. Jeremiah also visited Big Sandy but the date of his visit and subsequent return to Person County is not known. Jeremiah was my husband's great x 4 grandfather. Jim's grandfather, James Haston Brooks, moved to Arkansas, and Jim was born in Little Rock.
Going through my Brooks file I found an email I received from you back in June last year! You were looking for information on a Christopher Brooks who married a Susannah Williams, I wasn't able to help, did you ever find out what you wanted.
These 'Christophers' can be elusive! I get frustrated at not being able to find out who Jeremiah's parents were, I am also frustrated over one of my great x 4 grandfather's, also a Christopher, there were two born around the same time, in the same area, I have a tree for one, but cannot find out if he is the right one!!
Back to Jeremiah, as we are living in the UK we were hoping to find Jim's British roots, but without Jeremiah's parents, that is a forlorn hope.
Jackie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Newton Brooks 11 Oct 2001 2:11AM GMT 
JackieSBrooks 17 Dec 2001 11:21PM GMT 
GingerSmith32... 9 May 2007 8:09PM GMT 
JackieSBrooks 10 May 2007 7:13AM GMT 
GingerSmith32... 10 May 2007 11:38AM GMT 
JackieSBrooks 11 May 2007 7:19AM GMT 
GingerSmith32... 6 Jun 2007 9:32PM GMT 
JackieSBrooks 7 Jun 2007 7:09AM GMT 
GingerSmith32... 11 May 2007 2:29PM GMT 
JackieSBrooks 12 May 2007 6:54AM GMT