Search for content in message boards

Brooks of Bucks County, PA - Newton, Makesfield

Replies: 0

Brooks of Bucks County, PA - Newton, Makesfield

Posted: 26 Aug 2004 8:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jul 2014 9:57AM GMT
Surnames: Brooks, Worthington, Housekeeper, Tomlinson, Broman, Gethers, Young
Hi, I am running into a dead end with my research. I am trying to find information about my 4X great grandfather Benjamin Franklin Brooks who was born in Bucks Co., PA in 1850 and died in Lambertville, NJ in 1945. He had 15 brothers and sisters as follows:

1) Elizabeth Brooks b. ~1817 married a man named Housekeeper and then possibly remarried a Gethers
2) Susan Brooks b. ~1822 married a Trego
3) Samuel Brooks b. ~1822 married Sarah Jane
4) Mary Ann Brooks b. ~1828
5) Charles Brooks b. ~1832
6) George Brooks b. ~1835
7) Margaret Brooks b. ~1835
8) Sarah Jane Brooks b ~1836
9) Caroline Brooks b. ~1838 married a Young
10) Oliver Brooks b. ~1840
11) Joseph Brooks b. ~1841
12) James Brooks b. ?
13) Edward Brooks b.?
14) William Brooks b. ?
15) Deborah Brooks b. ? married a Worthington

I believe this family was also connected with the Tomlinsons. I believe the parents were William Brooks b.~1794 and Mary Brooks b. ~1800 because they are living with the children in the census.

The family seems to be centered in Bucks County Pennsylvania in the towns of Newtown, Makefield, Solesbury, and Middletown. Benjamin's family moved to New Jersey, and some of the other siblings also moved away. Benjamin married a Caroline Broman who I believe was a German immigrant, but I do not know much about her either. I am wondering if this family is some how intertwined with James Brooks or Benjamin Brooks of Tinicum Township, Bucks County, PA. Any information or advice on how I can try to find more would be greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic