Search for content in message boards

James Brooks of Washington County, Ohio

Replies: 15

Re: James Brooks of Washington County, Ohio

Posted: 13 Sep 2006 8:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Renee, My Brooks file is fairly long so I will send it to your private email. Our cousin Barb told me that James Brooks fathers name was John. She is decended from James' brother John. I had that Elizabeth's (Betsy is/was a common nickname for Elizabeth) mother's name as Jane Peters. My great grandmother was living next door to her family with a Jane Peters, age 50, born in England in the 1850 census. It's possible Peters comes from a second marriage or they may have just been neighbors. There was another thread on this board or the GenForum board about John Brooks in Athens and Washington Co. Ohio area but I have not had time to check into it yet. My primary sources have been census reports, obituaries and some birth, death and marriage records online. Thank you so much for the death info on James and Elizabeth. We had the month and year of Elizabeth's death because my great grandmother went back to Ohio when she heard she was ill. She arrived too late to see her before she died. Twenty-two children is sure a lot of kids. I wonder if there were any twins. I would love to have copies of the death certificates if you have them. Also a photo of the grave site and stone when you get them. Any info you have on the brothers and sisters marriages, children etc would be great. I will send for the military record for James and copy that to you when I get it. Thelma
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Renee Myers 24 Aug 2006 12:10PM GMT 
kid_kuz 10 Sep 2006 8:44PM GMT 
Renee Myers 11 Sep 2006 9:48PM GMT 
kid_kuz 12 Sep 2006 2:57AM GMT 
Renee Myers 12 Sep 2006 10:18PM GMT 
kid_kuz 13 Sep 2006 2:47PM GMT 
happymom03 4 Jul 2013 11:20PM GMT 
Gene Hutson 13 Sep 2006 7:35AM GMT 
kid_kuz 13 Sep 2006 2:54PM GMT 
Gene Hutson 13 Sep 2006 10:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions