Search for content in message boards

Brooks family line

Replies: 9

Re: Brooks family line

Posted: 24 Jul 2014 11:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brooks, McCandless
Leslie,

If you are still searching for information regarding Eliza Ann and Isreal McCandless I will gladly share what I know. Eliza Ann "Annie" and Isreal were my Gr Gr Grandparents. My McCandless side of the family are descendents of Charles EDgar McCandless. Leander, Edith L., Almeda, Carl, Pet, Millie Maude, Minnie, T. Albert are all of ED's half-siblings. Ed was born in 1865, Annie and Isreal Albert were married December 18, 1867. I have not been able to find a legal adoption, I am assuming that Charles EDgar was given the name McCandless. Eliza Ann "Annie" and family were from Erie, IL. Annie died in Garber, OK, March 11, 1933, she and Isreal are buried in Sheridan Cemetery, Kingfisher County, OK. My gr-uncle Floyd's middle name was Leander. Our lineage is short to Isreal McCandless, but I am interested in the Brooks Family. I have an original photo that is labeled "Brooks Brothers", but I have no idea who is who. Also an original photo of Annie, and another original of Annie with a sister and 4 brothers. I do not have my tree online yet, as I am trying to add as much information to it before I upload from Family Tree Maker. Have you ever heard the last name Eldred mentioned with the Brooks Family? That is a possibility of Charles Edgar's biological father may be.

This is my short line of McCandless ancestors:
Isreal and Annie - Gr Gr Grandparents
Charles Edgar McCandless - Gr Grandfather
Harry Leonadis McCandless - Grandfather
Gerald R. McCandless - Father

Sandy (McCandless) Kelly
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LeslieMcCandl... 27 Sep 2006 9:49AM GMT 
CarmaJ530 28 Sep 2006 6:22PM GMT 
stephanysmith 2 Oct 2006 1:16AM GMT 
joycefay1247 3 Jan 2007 1:32AM GMT 
BrendaKidd41 8 Jan 2007 5:54PM GMT