Search for content in message boards

Alla M Brooks married John Schley Haines around 1864

Replies: 1

Re: Alla M Brooks married John Schley Haines around 1864

Posted: 9 Sep 2013 12:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brooks, Haines, Haynes, Hollingsworth
I'm interested in what you've posted for the following reason: one of my Brooks family lines settled in George not so very far from Augusta, and this same Brooks family has Haines/Haynes connections.

The branch of my family who went to Georgia is that of Jacob Hollingsworth (1742-1821) and his wife Mary Brooks (1745/1750-abt. 1815). This couple moved from Frederick Co., VA, to Guilford Co., NC, and then Buncombe Co., NC, and finally, abt. 1790, to Franklin Co., GA.

Mary was the daughter of a Mary Brooks who died testate in 1787 in Frederick Co., VA. I have yet to find the given name of Mary's Brooks husband. Her will names, among other children, also a daughter Susannah Haynes.

I haven't been able to find what became of Susannah or the name of the Haynes man she married, but I do find that several of the sons of Jacob Hollingsworth and Mary Brooks co-owned land with a John Haynes in Franklin Co., GA, and so I wonder if some members of Susannah Brooks Haynes's family went to GA with the Hollingsworths.

I don't have any way of knowing that any of these folks are connected to your Alla Brooks and John Schley Haines, of course, but am interested in what you've posted because of the pieces of information above.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
foy19usmc93 9 Sep 2013 4:12PM GMT 
wdlindsy 9 Sep 2013 6:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions