Search for content in message boards

Lydia (Ingersoll) Brooks, b.1860, wife of Alexander, of Washtenaw Co., MI

Replies: 0

Lydia (Ingersoll) Brooks, b.1860, wife of Alexander, of Washtenaw Co., MI

Posted: 27 Jun 2014 9:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brooks, Ingersoll, Kuhl
I have an original Cabinet Card photograph of “Mrs. Lydia Brooks - mother of Mary Kuhl”, which I’d like to get back to descendants or family members. Photo was taken in Manchester (Washtenaw Co.) MI, and she looks to be about age 30.

I found her as “Lydia Julia Ingersoll Brooks” in Find-a-Grave.com, showing she was wife of Alexander A. Brooks, and she was born 9 Oct 1859 and died 8 Nov 1945. In 1880, Alexander Brooks and wife Lydia lived in Sharon (Washtenaw Co.) MI. By 1900 still in Washtenaw Co., MI, Lydia’s birth is shown as Oct 1860, and that she’d had 6 children but only 4 were still living with her and husband Alexander A. Brooks. By 1910, she was a widow and lived in Ann Arbor, MI.

Checking Lydia Ingersoll, I found her in the 1870 census for Sharon (Washtenaw Co.) MI, age 11, daughter of Lewis Ingersoll and Sarah Jane. Family Tree shows that Sarah Jane’s maiden name was Middlebrook. Also that Mary Cordell Brooks, who was born abt 1880, married Frederick Byron Kuhl. Find-a-Grave shows Mary C. Brooks Kuhl, born 1880 and died 1945, and data at that site shows Mary’s parents as Alex Brooks and (-) Ingersoll.

Get back to me at margerice@prodigy.net if you are related to Lydia Ingersoll Brooks.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions