The Potowamekes connection to the Bryant line

Replies: 1

The Potowamekes connection to the Bryant line

Ellen Baker (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2003 1:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bryant/Gallop/Duncan
HI,

Well, I had just discoverd my Duncan line, and apparently,there is an Indian connection from the Gallop line, that married into it, in Virginia. So, that was a bit of a surprise, my first Indian connection!

So, I will share the line below and if anybody has additional comments definately e-mail me thanks.

Japasaw/Japazaws "I-oppausus," King/Chief of the Potowamekes (Potomac) in the 1610's and 1620's, what is now in the State of Virginia. He gets into the story briefly with the famous Pocahontas, m. Paupauwiske

Wahanganoche/Whipsewasson, the last King/Chief of the Potowamekes in 1666, m. ?

Keziah Arroyah/Arroyo m. Richard (or Thomas) Bryant/Bryan. A lot of sources didn't seem to have his first name.

? Bryant m. Lucy Doniphan. This branch does not seem to be as popular as ? Bryant's siblings Martha and Richard Bryant. At this point, they were in Stafford Co., VA

Elinor/Eleanor Bryant m. Robert Gallop.

Anne/Ann Gallop m. Robert R. Duncan in Culpeper Co., VA. The Duncan line did, indeed, have descendants, going into the KY/MO area.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ellen Baker 20 Jun 2003 7:36PM GMT 
Femikicks 16 Jan 2011 9:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions