Search for content in message boards

SITTING BULL

Replies: 51

Sitting Bull Lakota Sioux Tribe, Blackfoot - Shawnee connection

Sonia R. (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2004 2:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sitting Bull,Cackler,Kackler,Chandler,Onstadt,Earlywine,Cornstalk,Fogle,Van Winkle,Benge,Crow
Hi Stacie, this is in response to the message that you sent me on Sitting Bull's sister Elizabeth Bull. Do you know who the rest of Sitting Bull's family married into and who his sisters,brothers if he had any,aunts,uncles and cousins were and who their descendant's were, because my cousin told me that I am suppose to be related to Sitting Bull.

But he dosent know what the exact connection is,the Lakota Sioux tribe told me that Sitting Bull only had one son that died. So I would not be a direct descendant but I could be related to one of his sisters,brothers,aunts,uncles or cousin's ect. I remember something being told to me as a child about being Blackfoot Indian or somewhere around those lines. I saw something online about a Blackfoot band of indians that lived next to Sitting Bull on the Standing Rock reservation in South Dakota.

Was anyone in Sitting Bull's family connected in some way to the Blackfoot band or Shawnee tribe of Ohio because there is also rumors going around about being related to a Shawnee indian girl. That was found hiding in the bushes after the battle of point pleasant and was suppose to be Chief Cornstalks daughter of the Ohio Shawnne tribe. Was Sitting Bull or any of his family ever in Ohio or connected to the Shawnee tribe and/or Chief Cornstalk?

I am related to the Cackler family through two lines because my g-grandparents were cousins and were both related to the Cacklers/Kacklers. Have you ever heard of a Ruth Earlywine her married name was Ruth Cackler,Margaret Chandler, Ellic Chandler her father or Onstadt was the last name of her mother, Mahala Cackler or Levicy or Levisa Van Winkle or any have any connection to those last names?

My grandmother also said that she thought that the tribe was Crow but she was very old at that point and she could of just heard the name Crow mentioned? Does the Crow tribe or the word Crow ring any bells for you or have any connection to Sitting Bull that you know of? If you or anyone else have any info. about this or have any connection please contact Sonia at: Redsonia38@peoplepc.com "Thank you very much for any help its greatly appreciated"!!!!!! Sincerely S.R.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kayla evans 21 Sep 2005 7:23PM GMT 
ladonna allar... 14 Nov 2007 3:46PM GMT 
Sonia R. 9 Jun 2004 8:00AM GMT 
Stacie Pugh 12 Sep 2004 11:22PM GMT 
Sonia R. 13 Sep 2004 8:01PM GMT 
Stacie 8 Nov 2004 3:42AM GMT 
ladonna allar... 14 Nov 2007 3:52PM GMT 
ladonna allar... 14 Nov 2007 3:49PM GMT 
Daniel A. Guggisberg 23 Apr 2001 10:20PM GMT 
rcrumlish 31 Aug 2001 8:14AM GMT 
per page