Search for content in message boards

the bundy family originally from w.virginia

Replies: 4

Re: the bundy family originally from w.virginia

Posted: 8 Nov 2001 9:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jun 2004 10:36AM GMT
Surnames: BUNDY WATSON RAGLAND MAHALEY
Carol: It was great getting your information. I have been stuck on Ellen Bundy for a long time. The info you sent is sooo close, but just off with dates or names but there must be some connection. To repeat what I know:
Ellen Bundy was my ggm. She was Indian,black or both. I have her in 1870 in Pike county, Ohio, age 30, listed as a mulatto, and living with her children: Elizabeth 12, Alexander 7, Joseph 6, Ellen 2, and William L (Lawson) 11mos. Elizabeth, Joseph (my gf), Alexander, and Ellen were said to be children of a white slave trader (I hope not) but Lawson is the son of Nelson Watson, formerly a runaway slave. I can't find Nelson in Pike County in 1870 but he was definitely black. Nelson and Ellen next appear in Lawrence County being married in 1872. Ellen is listed on the license as Mrs. Bundy.

In 1880 they are in the census with Alex, Joseph, Ellen, Lawson, Viney, and Henry. I'm not sure where Elizabeth is, I'm guessing she was married by this time. All the children had taken the Watson surname by 1880. Both Ellen and Nelson died in Lawrence County, OH. To skip back to Pike County in 1870 for a moment there are several other Bundys who I thought might be related to Ellen. One was Nancy Bundy (54) who was living with her daughter, Nancy Rose (23), her husband James Rose (27), their son William Rose (@4) and a Nancy Thomas (5). I am very interested in the possibility that Ellen could have been a Bush who married a Bundy. At any rate, let me know . At least it's good to move off the spot I've been on.

Thanks, Rachel

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jayme 19 Jan 2001 5:11AM GMT 
eugene1173 23 Aug 2001 7:14AM GMT 
rachelfair 25 Sep 2001 2:11AM GMT 
Carol 8 Nov 2001 5:08PM GMT 
rachelfair 9 Nov 2001 4:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic