Search for content in message boards

Looking for BYE family surname, Yorkshire and lancashire

Replies: 9

Looking for BYE family surname, Yorkshire and lancashire

Posted: 7 Oct 2010 3:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bye, Walker, Shaw, Senior
Hi All

I am searching for further information for the surname BYE. My surname is senior and My Gran is Veronica bye whose father was Charles Frederick Bye and mother was Miriam Shaw.
Veronica Bye (My Gran) Is one of at least eight children, names are Dereck, Anne, Carol, Thomas H, Moyra J(passed away about 200), Norman C, Susan J, and peter Bye (who died young in 1979 aged just 19).

Charles F Bye was the son of Joseph Bye born and ? Walker.

I know from Charles F Bye and Miriam shaw’s marriage certificate 19/11/1938, Miriam’s father, Reggie Shaw was listed as deceased at this point.

So… I have come to the end of the line for the moment; I cannot seem to find any more information on Joseph Bye (my great-great granddad) or about my great-great grandmother with the surname Walker.

It seems that even though My great granddad Charles F Bye, who was a great character and even looked after my Dad and uncle for a number of years, told stories of the war, However I cannot seem to find anything with any Army relations.

I fear I have Babbled too much and hope I have not caused too much confusion, any further information would very much be appreciated as I seem to be cut of from the Yorkshire roots, and My dad moved to Rochdale with his mum in the 70’s and after my Auntie Moyra and My Great Granddad Charles passed away, there has not been much interaction with the Bye’s of York.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
amandasnr2 7 Oct 2010 9:02PM GMT 
Leemcclaren 10 Jul 2011 8:50PM GMT 
amandasnr2 8 Aug 2011 1:04PM GMT 
mick_bye 6 Aug 2011 7:44PM GMT 
shamwari159 8 Aug 2011 11:45AM GMT 
mick_bye 11 Aug 2011 12:42PM GMT 
katamanga 12 Aug 2011 1:52PM GMT 
joapro65 2 Feb 2012 12:00AM GMT 
mick_bye 3 Feb 2012 2:09PM GMT 
amandasnr2 8 Aug 2011 1:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions