My ancestors include the BYNON family of Pennsvlvania and Wales so I’d be interested in sharing information with anyone connected. Here is what I have on the earliest Bynons to settle in Pennsylvania.
DANIEL BYNON was born on 20 Mar 1825 in Wales. He died on 26 Dec 1871 in Summit Hill, Pennsylvania (Carbon County). He was buried in Summit Hill, Pa (in the GAR Cemetary).
Daniel married GWENLLIAN HOPKINS in 1852. Gwenllian was born on 30 Dec 1830 in South Wales to WILLIAM HOPKINS. She died on 3 Aug 1921 in Lansford, Pa (Carbon County). She was buried in Summit Hill, Pa (Gar Cemetary). [Incidentally, Gwenllian also outlived a second husband named Josiah Williams but they did not have children. Gwenllian was Gwenllian Williams at the time of her death and is recorded as such in various records but she was buried as Gwenllian Bynon.]
Daniel and Gwenllian had the following children:
(1) WILLIAM BYNON was born in 1852/1853 in Wales. He died in 1910.
William married Margaret ______. Margaret was born in either PA or Wales. She died on 22 Jan 1917.
(2) ELEANOR BYNON aka "Ellen Bynon" was born on 22 Feb 1856 in Summit Hill, Pa. She died on 6 Jul 1914 in Summit Hill, Pa. She was buried in Summit Hill, Pa (Gar Cemetary).
Eleanor married NATHAN TANNER son of William Tanner and Elizabeth McDermott on 19 Jan 1875 in the 1st Baptist Church, Summit Hill, PA.
(3) MORGAN L. BYNON was born in Sep 1857 in Mauch Chunk Township, PA (this is the township in Carbon County that includes Summit Hill and Lansford and today is known as Jim Thorpe). He died on 29 Jul 1906. He was buried in the G.A.R. Cemetery, Summit Hill, PA. Morgan married JENNETTE RICHARDS daughter of William Richards and Margaret Jones. Jennette was born on 27 Aug 1856 in Wales. She died on 22 Jan 1917. She was buried in G.A.R. Cemetery, Summit Hill, PA.
(4) THOMAS BYNON was born on 11 Jun 1863 in Lansford, PA. He died on 3 Sep 1926 in Palmerton Hospital, Palmerton, PA. He was buried on 6 Sep 1926 in GAR Cemetery, Summit Hill, PA. Thomas married EMMA E. ACKERMAN in 1884. Emma was born in 1864 in PA. She died on 7 Nov 1936 in Coaldale State Hospital, Coaldale, Schuylkill Co, PA. She was buried on 10 Nov 1936 in GAR Cemetery, Summit Hill, PA.
(5) MARGARET BYNON was born in 1866. I’m unsure when she died. Margaret married WILLIAM H. DAVIES. William died in Dec 1917.
(6) MARY BYNON was born in 1868. She died on 5 Apr 1902. Mary married GODFREY R. LEONARD. Godfrey died on 30 May 1920.
I have further information about descendants, and have not listed any grandchildren of Danie and Gwenllian above although they had many. I’m happy to provide more information to anyone interested.
Neil B. Tanner