Search for content in message boards

Cadman - Dunbar - Ambridge connection (of north London, U.K.)

Replies: 1

Cadman - Dunbar - Ambridge connection (of north London, U.K.)

Posted: 16 Jan 2010 5:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
My late mother, Margery Maud Ambridge (nee Cadman) (1910-1964) had a sister, Lucy A. Langdale (nee Cadman) (1913-1959). When I was young, I heard tell of a half-sister of theirs, Ethel Cadman who I've since understood was born 1920 but died as Ethel Minnie Dunbar in 1998. Her husband, Frank W. Dunbar passed away in 1989.

The parents of my mother and Lucy, were William Charles Cadman (1875-1945) and wife, Maud [or Maude] Cadman (nee Bradford) (1887-1909). Ethel's father was the SAME William as mentioned but by a different birth mother (christian name unknown)... Ardley.

Evidently a family split took place around the late 1920's or early 1930's, Margery and Lucy went their own ways but keeping in close contact with each other. They married a Sidney Ambridge [my late father] and Tony Langdale, respectively. However, unfortunately further contact with Ethel and her father and mother, was LOST. Any 'younger' siblings of Ethel born AFTER the family split were ~unknown~ to Margery and Lucy. Possibly Ethel and her 'reshaped' family (minus Margery and Lucy) moved to another district or part of the country.

It is rumoured that Ethel had three ~younger~ brothers whom it is understood are/were William Cadman (b.1922), James Cadman (b.1926) and Leslie Cadman (b.1927) and there may be others yet to be discovered. Their birth mother would probably have been .....Ardley.

My maternal grand-mother, Maud (nee Bradford) had, in addition to her two daughters, Margery and Lucy, a son named Charles William Cadman (b.1916) who died in 1917.

Is any of this any help to anyone or can 'you' fill in any "bona fide" gaps in our research into the CADMAN family emanating from Islington/Edmonton districts of London, which will firm-up the links that we have so far established.

Geoff Ambridge (son of the late 'Margery Maud Cadman')
E/m: lonestar_diecast@yahoo.co.uk

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CadmanGenealo... 16 Jan 2010 12:28PM GMT 
PLeavett 18 Aug 2011 7:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic