I am a decendent via his first wife: Mary Ann Cayce-Baker (widow of D. Davis D. Baker) (1823-1850). Thier marriage is recorded in the records of Matagorda Museum - married April 10, 1846 in Matagorda county, Texas. I think the Stewart surname that you mention is confusion with other Cage's that married a Stewart, as I find no proof that he ever married a Stewart at all. Benjamin Franklin Cage and Mary Ann Cayce-Baker-Cage were my 3rd Great grandparents. They had two children before Mary Ann Cayce-Baker-Cage died in 1850 :
1) Sarah Jane Cage (1847-1914) (who married Thomas Jesse Teas) and they are both buried in Teas Family Cemetery on the old Teas place just south of Lockhart, Tx with double headstone (they are my 2nd great grandparents). They are TEAS-CAGE 2nd great grandparents. I am related via their daughter Jimmie TEAS-WEST-HARVEY and Jimmie's 1st marriage to Robert Milam West (they were my great grandparents).
2) Thomas Jesse Cage (1849-1929) whom had at least two marriages: 1st: Agnes Andrewnette "Nettie" Wright (1856-1894) and had at least 9 children; 2nd: Martha Almira "Mattie" West (1855-1930) and they had one son. Mattie was the daughter of my WEST-GILL 2nd Great grandparents: Peter Lawley West & Virena Clementine Gill-West.
2d Marriage: After Benjamin's first wife (Mary Ann Cayce-Baker-Cage) died on January 10, 1850 and was buried in Cage's Place in Clinton/Wharton, Dewitt county, Texas, Benjamin remarried to a Nancy Elizabeth Bethia Grier on April 6, 1851 in Wharton, Texas and they had at least 4 children:
1) Phillip P. Cage (1852-1899) who married Nancy S "Nannie" Gillespie and had at least 6 children.
2) Benjamin Franklin Cage (1854-1895) who married Emma Frances Carson and had at least 8 children.
3) Thadeus "Thad" Eli Cage (1857-1922) who married Annie Thompson Durham and had at least 7 children.
4) William James Jackson "Jack" Cage (1860-1934) who married first Della A. Anderson and had two children before she died in 1888; 2nd married to Cora Lee Price and had several children.
I do not believe that Benjamin ever married a STEWART, as he was only a widower a short time between Mary's death (1st wife) and his 2nd marriage date to GRIER. There were a couple of other CAGE's that did marry STEWART's but I do not believe Benjamin F Cage ever married to a STEWART at all, as Benjamin married Mary shortly after her D. Davis D. Baker died and after Mary died, Ben is found in the census with his two CAGE children and his BAKER step-children.
Anyone wishing to share information, my direct email is:email@example.com