Search for content in message boards

LOST GREAT GRANDFATHER

Replies: 2

LOST GREAT GRANDFATHER

Rene F. Cain (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 1999 4:09AM GMT
Before my father passed away he told me we had indian in the family.
He said that my great grandmother was full blooded indian. So I checked birth records of my grandfather.
Cora Viola cain is listed as mother. Cora Viola Cain is listed as white female. This blows that theory.
My uncle Lottie Cain says that the indian in the family is John Harold Cain's father. There is no father
listed on his birth certificate. He is a true bastard by definition. I want to find my grandfather's father.
HERE'S WHAT I HAVE SO FAR.
My grandfather John Harold Cain was born April 22, 1900 in Tippecanoe Twp. Carroll County Indiana. He was an only child. Cora Viola Cain was 17 years old at the time. Cora's birthdate is Jan 22 1881. Her father is Isaac cain and her mother is Florence Daniels. She married Benjamin Felthoff Dec. 21, 1912 in Carroll Co. Ind. My grandfather retained his mother's madien name of Cain. The Felthoff family took him in. Cora V. Felthoff died Jan. 21 1883 in While Co., Indiana on Thursday May 4, 1922 while at home at Ockley. She drank 2 ounces of carbolic acid. Death came 30 minutes thereafter.

PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY GRANDFATHER'S FATHER. WHO WAS IT THAT IMPREGNATED CORA VIOLA CAIN WITH JOHN HAROLD CAIN?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Rene F. Cain 23 Oct 1999 10:09AM GMT 
Rick Montgomery 5 Dec 1999 3:34PM GMT 
roseav68 6 Oct 2012 7:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic