Search for content in message boards

Pierre Paul Caissy to the South Seas

Replies: 0

Pierre Paul Caissy to the South Seas

Posted: 30 Apr 2012 8:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Found this in my old files.
Anyone know if the story was ever published?
Could Vincent contact me
=
Subject: [ACADIAN] Acadian to Tahati
I found the note on our cousin Pierre Paul Caissy who went to the South Seas.
Anyone descendent or closely related?
I know i said Tahiti but I was close.
Paul
Sent: Fri, Dec 3, 2004 2:57 pm
Pierre Paul married Francoise Bedel in St Servan on January 3, 1786. A son Pierre Michel was born on November 5 1786, in St Servan. The records show that he was baptized the following day and that his father was absent, no reason given. Pierre Michel died on 3 Feb 1792, in St Servan. (I have a photocopy of that record) In 1788 Pierre Paul embarked on the ship Le Conte de la Lucerne, as a sail maker, on a voyage to what is now Mauritius Island and although he was to return to France, he never did. Paul was counted in a 1796 Census on Mauritius (Ile de France as it was then known) and his profession listed is that of "maitre de danse" (dance instructor). He died in Mauritius (Riviere Noire) in January of 1825. We do not know what happened to Francoise Bedel. Perhaps she died before 1788 and it might explain why Pierre Paul sailed away. Mrs Marie Quessy/Owen of Sydney, Australia, a direct descendant of Pierre Paul has done some excellent research in France and in the Seychelles and Pierre Paul's history is well documented. The Quessy of Australia, Mauritius and Reunion Island are descendants of this Pierre Paul. The history of that branch of the family is fascinating and I hope that Mrs Owen will soon publish her research.
Vincent

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions