I am looking for information about Mildred Calhoon (my gr grandmother) who was married to Daniel Boone Townsend. Additional information on the family is listed below. Thanks for any help you can provide.
My great grandfather was Daniel Boone Townsend:
born June 27, 1846 Knox County Illinois
died February 04, 1922 Osborne Kansas
married Mildred Calhoon February 26, 1874 Clarinda (Page County) Iowa (I believe Mildred was born in 1856 and died in 1920)
Children of MILDRED CALHOON and DANIEL TOWNSEND are:
- JOHN MADISON TOWNSEND, b. March 30, 1889, Phillipsburg, Kansas; d. July 15, 1977, Grinnell, Kansas. (my grandfather)
- ROSCOE BENAGE TOWNSEND, b. October 24, 1880, Phillipsburg, Kansas.
- ALMA JANE TOWNSEND, b. August 22, 1875.
- ALIE ELIZABETH TOWNSEND, b. April 01, 1891, Cawker City, Kansas; m. LEE FOREST.
- CHARLES WESLEY TOWNSEND, b. January 07, 1878, Phillipsburg, Kansas.
- GOLDIE TOWNSEND, b. November 21, 1895, Cawker City, Kansas; d. November 25, 1895, Cawker City, Kansas.
Other family notes.
Townsend family lived in Page County Iowa until 1876.
Townsend family lived in Phillipsburg, Kansas until 1884.
Townsend family lived in Almena, Kansas until 1890.
Townsend family lived in Cawker City, Kansas from 1890 until his death in 1922.
Note: Daniel Townsend entered the Civil War in Illinois. His parents might have been named Saul/Sol and Catherine/Katherine (unsure of spelling).
Mildred had a sister named Evalyn (sp) Calhoon (but I don't know Evalyn's married name).