Search for content in message boards

looking for distant robert cambridge family line

Replies: 1

looking for distant robert cambridge family line

Posted: 7 Jan 2009 6:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
hi there my cambridge line is all in england. unless more came over after 1912. My great great grandpa was Robert Cambridge from Camberwell who married Sarah Ann Cook from Bermondsey,St.Olave. From the census records he was a greengrocer.
I would like to go back further but i am from Canada and not sure of what direction to take in order to extend my research. I have questions about robert and sarah's children. the birth dates are a bit messed.
Sarah left Robert due to abuse and cheating and brought their 7youngest with them. One of the older kids Dorcas came over in 1910 (two yrs before)According to an 1891 census robert was (born abt 1859)32 and sarah was 28 their children were:
Robert age 11,Sarah age 9 John age 9,Eliza age5,Alice and Dorcas were 8months old. Then 21 yrs later in 1912 sarah came to Canada on the passenger list states only the kids ages under 11 are listed. Paul 11,Jane9(my greatgrandma),Eliza (abt26),Berth (real name was Dorothy Albert)5,Alice(abt21),James 8,and Aaron11???? no one knows who aaron is. That would leave the older robert,sara and john behind in england. In 1912 they would have been 32,30 and 30. We have no knowledge of these older kids coming over.
It would be great to contact a descendant of one of these kids.we would be at least 4th or 5th cousins.
thanks,
jnkfagan3@hotmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jnkfagan3 8 Jan 2009 1:16AM GMT 
CambridgeL 16 Aug 2013 4:52AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions