Search for content in message boards

Camp family in Mt. Carmel, PA

Replies: 2

Camp family in Mt. Carmel, PA

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 12:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Feb 2012 8:08PM GMT
Surnames: Camp/Shoemaker/Hoffman/Geist
My second great-grandfather was Frank Camp (1858-1933) of Mount Carmel, PA. He worked as a house carpenter, then a night watchman at a mine in his later years. His father was the well-known Mt. Carmel resident Abraham Camp.

His daughter (b.1889), Mary Jane (married name Bensinger), was my great-grandmother. She had 4 brothers, two stepbrothers named Hoffman, a sister, Kate (married to Matthew Smith, lived in Newark, NJ) and apparently one stepmother, Mary Berger Hoffman. The brothers were Edward Daniel, David Warfield (who died in Albany, NY), Frank Charles (died in CT),and John Henry. The stepbrothers were John and William Hoffman.

Frank's one wife was Caroline Shoemaker (born in Germany, had family connections to a bakery in Shamokin, PA). His last wife was Mary, the mother of John and William Hoffman. He had to have had a wife before Caroline and the first three children were with this woman, possibly named Geist. Frank the son worked for Barnum and Bailey, moved to CT but is buried in Mt. Carmel, PA. David married Doris Brockley, divorced and died at 42 in Albany, NY after having one daughter, who is still living. Frank the father is a mystery to me. My own relations aren't even sure of anything. Any info on this very confusing family would be appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cindybaum1 16 Jan 2011 7:23PM GMT 
ckCaledonia8 2 Jan 2012 3:45AM GMT 
cindybaum1 2 Jan 2012 1:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic