Search for content in message boards

Origin of Camp name

Replies: 2

Re: Origin of Camp name

Posted: 3 Aug 2013 8:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Camp/ Dellow
Camp is not an unusual name in the Hertfordshire Archives - and I have traced my own direct antecedents using parish records, tithes, Quarter Session records and wills etc. back to John Camp born circa 1690 but I do not know where, or precise date ( and Anthony Camp did not/would not! help)
John married Elizabeth DELLOW at Aspeden Hertfordshire on 19th June 1715. Their first son, John was baptised at Aspeden on 12th August 1716 ( Aspeden parish register) and second son Thomas baptised in Layston,Herts. on 23rd November 1718 ( parish record shows 1718 Camp, Thomas son of John Camp labourer and Elizabeth was baptised for Aspeden Nov 23rd.) The couple moved to Cottered,Herts ( Settlement Certificate dated 13th day of (August/ April - indistint) 1733. No mention made of the sons on this certificate, but they would have been 15 and 16 and therefore count as adults. John died and was buried in Cottered On April 26th 1769, a Gardiner, No age given.

I am directly descended from Thomas and have details. But none of the family I am aware of emigrated to America.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
burches1 14 Apr 2013 9:02AM GMT 
campj17 3 Aug 2013 12:23AM GMT 
burches1 3 Aug 2013 2:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions