Search for content in message boards

Canaday Family in New Castle, Indiana

Replies: 1

Canaday Family in New Castle, Indiana

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 3:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Haven't work on this line but have some info.

A guy out there found a huge monument dead center in the local cemetery. Looks like the Lincoln Memorial.

Anyway, it is the family of Miles Canaday. This is all I really have on him:

Miles Murphy Canaday was born August 17, 1851. He married Sarah Hellena Smith on May 10, 1883. They lived in New Castle, Indiana.

He was a son of Nathan Canaday:

NATHAN CANADAY (note spelling) was born April 9, 1807. He married Nancy Leason on April 23, 1824. She was a daughter of James and Jemima Leeson. She was born in 1808. Nancy was not a member of the Quaker Church and so Nathan was disowned. The family joined the Christian Church in Richmond, Indiana. He then moved his family to what was called the Harvey Settlement in Prairie Township, Henry County Indiana. He was a physician. Nathan died May 25, 1874. Nancy lived on for another year and died in 1875. They had ten children:

So, would be interested in adding the next generation or so to that sheet. Anyone connected???

You can see what I have on the various Canaday lines on my website at www.BillPutman.com then go to genealogy to Canaday to Charles Canady.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bill Putman 21 Feb 2011 10:43PM GMT 
CarltonCanada... 10 Feb 2013 1:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions