I'm looking for information on my GGG Grandfather Daniel A Cannon b. 1822 in SC, d. 1874 in Limestone County, AL. First document I've found him listed in is the 1850 US Census.
He had at least 3 wives but not sure of the of names: Mary M "Melvina" Wright, Caroline "Callie" White, Sally Benford and Amanda Nance Wilburn.
Children were all born in Alabama:
- Claiborne J b. 1846
- Mary E b. 1847
- Sarah M "Sallie" b. 1850, d. 1925, m1. C.G. Scott abt 1878, m2. M.B. Scott abt 1887
- Isaac S b. 1856, d. bef 1870
- Daniel Lawrence b. 1856
- Robert William b. 1854, d. 1923, m. A.E. Williams (my GG Grandfather)
- Franklin J b. 1862
- Williametta L "Willie" b. 1865, d. 1927, m. J.F. Jones abt 1884
- Daniel Pugh, b. 1868 d. 1928, m. J. McBroom abt 1891
- Luke P (twin to Daniel Pugh) b. 1868, never married
I have a lot of information on Daniel's descendants but know nothing about Daniel's ancestors.
Any help would be appreciated.