Search for content in message boards

Wives of Leonard Capehart of Pickens, SC

Replies: 3

Wives of Leonard Capehart of Pickens, SC

Posted: 24 Sep 2011 9:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Capehart, Reeves
This is an open query to anyone who might have information or even a theory about the wives of Leonard Capehart of Pickens District, SC. I am descended from John Capehart, who is usually listed as being a son of Leonard. John went to Wilson County, TN, for some unknown reason, and there married Mary Reeves. They then moved back to South Carolina where all of their children were born. John died in the 1840's, leaving Mary to raise the children alone, which she did. She returned to the Lebanon Missouri area though. Her eldest daughter was Kizziah. Now, this is my question...Was Leonard actually married to a Kizziah "something-or-other", or is that just a myth perpetuated by descendants..and where did this come from originally? Bible records? An actual paper trail? I know many also list Sarah Carradine as a spouse, but then attach Leonard's earlier children to her. To add my own twist to this story/myth, a cousin of mine said she had always grown up hearing that Kizziah was wealthy and never had to put on her own shoes, that there were slaves to do that for her. Well, John and Mary's daughter Kizziah grew up very poor, and definitely without slaves. Does this add credence to the theory that perhaps the story was about Leonard's wife Kizziah? I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SueGoodwin62 24 Sep 2011 3:58PM GMT 
travelquestof... 4 Nov 2011 9:01PM GMT 
SueGoodwin62 9 Nov 2011 6:49PM GMT 
caradinecousi... 3 Jun 2012 4:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic