Search for content in message boards

My family is CARABALLO from PR and Settled in HBG, PA

Replies: 0

My family is CARABALLO from PR and Settled in HBG, PA

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 8:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

I am currently tracking back from my generation of my family tree to see where my Grandfathers taken name Caraballo came from. He was born in Puerto Rico as well as my Grandmother. But I came to find out that his name was not in fact Caraballo but Rosas Medina. He took on Caraballo and used it as his last name to honor the family who raised him. He either did not want to know his mother or never knew her. Due to the fact that both my grandparents have passed I have alot of work on my hands trying to get correct information from my aunts, uncles, and mother. I can say that he was a vert popular personality when it came to birthdays, funerals and holidays. This is because he would be asked to come and sing guenaldos at these events. My grand father was named Pablo Antonio Caraballo is nickname was Don Pablo. My mother informed me that his name and our family name should be Pablo Antonio Rosas Medina. My grandmothers name was Maria Dolores Ortiz Perez and married was Maria Dolores Caraballo Ortiz her nickname was Dona Lola. Her mother was a resident of Yauco, Puerto Rico and her mothers name was Dona Juana Calixta Perez Feliciano (my mom says she remembers calling her Mama Calixta in her childhood and she passed away at the age of 110). Her father was Juan Romulo Ortiz Martinez from Guelarte, Puerto Rico. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreicate it. Trying to fill in the missing parts is pretty hard when you have a limited information.

Find a board about a specific topic