Search for content in message boards

Searching for our history.

Replies: 1

Searching for our history.

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 1:30PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 16 Apr 2012 1:54PM GMT
Surnames: Reyes?/Carbajal and Zazueta or Fazueta
Hello, My family and I are just starting our search. Our Tata's name was Gabino Carbajal(Reyes?),our Nana's was Trinidad Zazueta or Fazueta Carbajal,she was from Sonora Mexico, born on August 4, about 1905. My Nana was Mayan indian and she had a sister named Cruz. Our tata was born on June 15,1895, he was from Bacerra,Mexico. We are told that our Tata came to Arizona when he was in his 20's to buy a wedding gown for his then waiting fiance in Mexico. His plans were changed when he met our Nana. When he ultimatley returned to Mexico an enevitble beating had taken place by his ex fiances brother. We have also been told that quite some time back one of our great X's grandfathers had been adopted by the Carbajal family. The reason for this is that, one day he was going to the local market with his father to sell items. On the way the were attacked by what was believed to be yaqui indians. His father was killed, and our grandfather was then sold at the market to the Carbajal family. They were owners of a ranch. Our grandfather was adopted by them and since then we bear our surname proudly. We'v been told that our grandfthers's previous last name was Reyes.We will be setting up a Facebook page soon to track and assist with the search for our familys history. Currently my e-m mail is victoryfor7@yahoo.com. We will greatly apprreciate any help, thank you. Lisa Carbajal
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
victoryfor7 16 Apr 2012 7:30PM GMT 
Erasmo_Carbaj... 7 Aug 2013 10:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions