Search for content in message boards

Carroll Book

Replies: 35

Alfred Carroll

Mitch Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2000 7:12AM GMT
Linda,
My gggrandfather, Benjamin Hawkins Carroll, was born June 19, 1809 in North Carolina. He was married 1829 in Copiah County, MS, and died June 10, 1859 in Rankin County, MS. Most of the line from him forward is known, but there has been much difficulty tracing his roots. We know he was born in NC, because an old family bible states that he was. There is strong but not 100% documented information that he was the son of John Carroll, Jr, from Moore County, NC. John, Jr, died before 1822,we know because he is mentioned as deceased in his father, John Sr's will dated 1822. Benjamin would have been a boy at that time. According to a source (a lady who died some time back),Benjamin's siblings were James, Huldah, Penelope, and Agnes. I would expect that Benjamin and his siblings moved in with relatives after his father's death. We have no information about his mother. It could be that this was when he moved to Mississippi. There is an Alexander Carroll listed in the early census in that part of Mississippi. John, Jr, had a brother and an uncle named Alexander. All the Carrolls left Moore County fairly early in the 1800's.

I'm continuing to search for documentation of Benjamin Hawkins Carroll's roots. Now that all the early census records will be available on the internet, I plan to search several counties in NC and MS to try to find when and how Benjamin got to MS and to confirm or deny the info we have on his roots.

John Carroll, Sr, had ten kids. Alfred may be the son of one of the sons. John's kids were: John (mentioned above), James B, Alexander, Jesse, Polly, Sterling, Charlotte, Hulda, Sister, and Susannah. Good luck in your search. If you come across any common ground, let me know. Thanks.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mitch carroll 6 Oct 2000 6:55AM GMT 
LindaBrunner7... 6 Oct 2000 10:29AM GMT 
Mitch Carroll 6 Oct 2000 1:12PM GMT 
belthazar_81 8 Jun 2005 4:04AM GMT 
JustinSumner 10 Jul 2003 8:47PM GMT 
lindadaveb 1 Jul 2001 7:57PM GMT 
lindadaveb 1 Jul 2001 7:58PM GMT 
Kathy 9 Apr 2002 11:41AM GMT 
Connie Carroll Gebhart 12 Apr 2002 12:55AM GMT 
JSauer3452 13 Oct 2013 4:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions